I've got an existing build I'd like to run Mac OSX on, it's got:

Asus P5E-VM HDMI
4gb Ram
9800 GT 512mb
Q6600
Dlink DGE-560T gigabit network card
DVD-R/RW
500gb Seagate HD

A Macbook & Macbook Pro are used in the house as main computers, and I use a timecapsule with a 1.5tb HD pluged into it for backup. Right now the above build is attached to my 60" HDTV, but of course, it's running windows Vista home premium.

I'm willing to buy another hard drive and dual boot for this build, I can upgrade the Ram to 8gb, get a new video card, and the cpu to a 9xxx series if I want to extend it's useful life, but it's only really worth it if I am able to use OSX on it.

So far this site looks like the most organized/best way to install OSX on non Macs, but I have had no luck searching for information on the P5E-VM HDMI. Any help?

So... should I just assume this board is supported and try the install?

:?:

relativist said:

Only way to find out is to start the process. We'll still be here to assist you through any rough spots. The fun part is the whole install and fix it process. :cool:

kushninja said:
relativist said:

Only way to find out is to start the process. We'll still be here to assist you through any rough spots. The fun part is the whole install and fix it process. :cool:

Ok, that's fair I guess. I did find a couple of posts with a mention of my board. It was such a popular board, I'm surprised no one knows. Sometimes I consider upgrading it, but then I might as well get a mini lol. Anyway, with the holidays coming I should have time to try this.
And if anyone knows anything please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back