Contribute
Register

P55M-UD4, Core i5, GTX 260, Safe mode only...

Status
Not open for further replies.
matix said:
OK so you are basically saying the following is the most refined way:

1. Upgrade to p55m-ud4 bios F7c (Beta)
2. Use tony's p55m-ud4 dsdt (OR have to patch this again anyway????)
3. LegacyHDA kext in /Extra/Extensions ONLY

Atheros keeps nuking my install... I sure hope 10.6.3 has a fix for atheros cards...

1. Yes
2. Yes. It's already patched.
3. Yes

:mrgreen:

with the latest P55M-UD4 bios (F7c), i can confirm that the audio does work using the vanilla 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext and a LegacyHDA.kext in /Extra/Extensions. Now just need to start working on getting sleep to work :D

I downloaded the DSDT from the database quite a while back and edited it myself using tony's guide. Using this I had to add the pin configuration for the 889a audio, the gtx 275, sleep settings, and speedstep. I haven't downloaded anything from the DSDT database recently, so I'm not sure if they have been updated with the edits. I'll download one later at home and let you know if you still need to edit anything.

Oh and I am using the beta F7c bios, and have not tried F7. Maybe you could try it out and find out if it works :p

edit: did you manage to include your graphics card info in the DSDT?

@06spike12
If you can do a fresh extract/edits of that DSDT with the newest bios, I'll add your version to the database- the one there is probably from bios version F5 or earlier. I'm just starting to get fully edited DSDTs labeled with the bios version- will help keep them up to date. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back