Graphics
N/A
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to complete my install with the following hardware:
Intel Core i7 870
Gigabyte P55M-UD4 (manual says: it's using a 889a codec)
ATI 5770 (display connected using HDMI)
4GB OCZ memory
1TB Harddisk

I got it almost working. I used: Retail 10.6.3, combo update to 10.6.7, multibeast 3.4.0 and selected: easybeast + Ati kexts (from new 10.6.7 Sandy bridge update) + Kabyls bootfile + GraphicsEnabler=Yes, 32 bit mode + ALC8xxHDA and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler for 885/889a. So now graphics are working, but sound is still not working. See screenshots please! (OS X is Dutch, but "Geen uitvoerapparaten gevonden" in English is "No output devices found"
Schermafbeelding 2011-04-03 om 14.19.41.png
Schermafbeelding 2011-04-03 om 14.19.27.png

I tried several things but still no sound, only got sound using voodoohda (but only from front green port with lots of noise), voodooHDA also showed Digtal-out (HDMI) and SPDIF-out. But also these were not working. I deleted voodooHDA because of KP, and did a reinstall of ALC8xxHDA and 885/889a Non-DSDT HDAEnabler.

I can connect speakers via SPDIF-out and HDMI and also a standard green plug (I hope you know what I mean)?
I already did a lot of googeling, but I just can't find a good answer that will get sound working for me.
Can somebody please help with this last step? OS without sound is worthless.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-04-03 om 14.19.27.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-04-03 om 14.19.27.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • Schermafbeelding 2011-04-03 om 14.19.41.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-04-03 om 14.19.41.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
Why don't you use a DSDT ?
See my blog for instructions (a bit outdated re the latest Multibeasts, but still relevant)

As for sound, you just need the ALC8xxHDA without enabler (if using the DSDT)

Lnx2Mac said:
See my blog for instructions (a bit outdated re the latest Multibeasts, but still relevant)

Okay, is that still possible using the current installation? Or do I need to do a fresh install? I never used a DSDT before (I used a modified BIOS for my P5Q PRO), is it dangerous for the computer? (There is also a Windows 7 1TB harddrive, and we want to keep that).

Martijn-HK said:
Lnx2Mac said:

Okay, is that still possible using the current installation?
Yes, if you clean-up the unneeded/alien kexts in /S/L/E and /E/E.

Or do I need to do a fresh install?
Only if you can't identify the alien kexts.

I never used a DSDT before (I used a modified BIOS for my P5Q PRO), is it dangerous for the computer?
Not dangerous at all... Actually makes for a much cleaner install.

(There is also a Windows 7 1TB harddrive, and we want to keep that).
No problem with that.

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Lnx2Mac said:
Martijn-HK said:
Lnx2Mac said:

Okay, is that still possible using the current installation?
Yes, if you clean-up the unneeded/alien kexts in /S/L/E and /E/E.

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Thank you, I have a few last questions before I will try the DSDT solution. So I need to delete the ALC8xxHDA.kext from /E/E and HDAEnabler889a.kext from /S/L/E? Also I once selected AppleHDA Rollback in Multibeast, so I got a 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E and not the one from 10.6.7. Will that have any consequences? If how do I get my 10.6.7 AppleHDA.kext back?

Martijn-HK said:
Thank you, I have a few last questions before I will try the DSDT solution. So I need to delete the ALC8xxHDA.kext from /E/E and HDAEnabler889a.kext from /S/L/E?
Indeed.

Also I once selected AppleHDA Rollback in Multibeast, so I got a 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E and not the one from 10.6.7. Will that have any consequences? If how do I get my 10.6.7 AppleHDA.kext back?
No special consequences. If you reapply the combo update, you'll have the 10.6.7 one.

OMG! It worked, thank you very very very much, Lnx2Mac! I have two last question, don't know if I have to open a whole new topic. This computer has 8GB of ram, I took 4GB out for the installation (that's a requirement for iBoot), can I just put them back now? Or do I need to install 64-bit Apple Boot Screen... Because I'm sure if that will work, don't know if my printer drivers etc. are 64-bit. And since it's finally running, I don't want to spoil it now.

Also can I remove the DSDT.aml from my desktop, since it also exist in /E

Martijn-HK said:
OMG! It worked, thank you very very very much, Lnx2Mac!
:headbang:

I have two last question, don't know if I have to open a whole new topic. This computer has 8GB of ram, I took 4GB out for the installation (that's a requirement for iBoot), can I just put them back now?
Yes, you can (actually, you could have left them during install as well ;)

Or do I need to install 64-bit Apple Boot Screen... Because I'm sure if that will work, don't know if my printer drivers etc. are 64-bit. And since it's finally running, I don't want to spoil it now.
You can always go back to 32-bit... And hackintoshing is all about experimenting ;)

Also can I remove the DSDT.aml from my desktop, since it also exist in /E
Indeed !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back