Graphics
GTX 285 1GB DDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am having issues with the P55M-UD2 Installation. Its quite an impressive guide however; afer I followed the step by step instructions on creating the thumb drive the installation didn't work. About between 95 and 99% of the bar completion of the install the installation says it failed to install; this happend on more than one occassion and it happend constantly every single time, I set my installtion on a thumb drive and a hard drive; both gave identical issues.

Any advice...? I tried working my around it but still no luck. I have followed every single installation procedure and triple-checked...any ideas? I tried the bootCD as well and no luck the boot CD hangs during setup. Anyone with any advice is much appreciated except "just give it up." I even thought that a BIOS Upgrade might help me but nope no luck. the USB installation runs fine as well as the hd installation, no install drive problems...possibly something I might not be doing right?

Re: Hi Tonymac Please someone help me....P55M-UD2 Problems.

1h4ckOSx86 said:
About between 95 and 99% of the bar completion of the install the installation says it failed to install; this happend on more than one occassion and it happend constantly every single time,

This is normal- just continue with the guide- it's due to the non-vanilla kernel that's loaded using the tonymacx86 Boot CD. ;)

specs in signature, or face the wrath of Old Gregg...

Hi Tonymac,

I forgot to add on all the installs i followed the directions step by step and continued and followed the install guide and when i tried to boot and select the OSX drive to boot into it constantly reboots, any ideas?

After you're done installing, you need to boot up from the USB/CD booter and run multibeast. Multibeast, in addition to other important things, will install a patched kernel that you'll need to be able to boot. Depending on your processor, once you've updated to 10.6.2 you'll be able to use the vanilla kernel.

You should put your hardware in your signature - it usually helps for getting better advice...

...and it will keep old gregg away. :mrgreen:

Hey guys, so I am creating the thumb drive at this moment, redoing everything, now I have one questions, on the forums people mention that 10.6.2 is the only one that supports Core i5/i7 processors, now should I run the OSX update on the thumb drive prior to running the install from it on my P55M-UD2 or should I just run the install with the instructions that are there. I've been installing and nothing happens but reboots after install. Now, tony mentions that I have to do a hard shutdown after installation complete's, I've been doing it but will it actually make a difference?

In addition, I've followed the guide exactly as it is, it just won't boot...is there any specific thing I am doing wrong?

So here's my additional non-stupid questions if there are some.

1)Does it make a difference to use the disk utility during setup as opposed to running it on a Clone prior to installing it?

2)Step 6.5 is optional but should I proceed with it?

3)Step 7 how do I boot from the installed osx installation on the drive and run PC EFi I can't even boot into the drive to begin with? The install completes as mentioned earlier but only completes about between 95 & 98% I know this is normal because thats what tony mentioned?

Lastly, how do I install multibeast is it done thru post-installation or after? Next, I've actually downloaded multibeast but how do I get it to run is there an .iso for it?

Second, as mentioned before, so OSX vanilla kernel doesn't support osx could it be because I have not installed the 10.6.2 update on the USB install? Any full details would be appreciated....I've tried the manual over and over again, any detailed advice would be much appreciated...once again thanks tony, and fellow forum users.

-P55M-UD2
-Core i7 860
-4GB DDR3 1600 Kingston Hyper X 1.65V
-XFX 9400GT 1GB DDR2
-Western Digital 320GB SATA2 16MB Buffer

What has worked for me is to keep moving the mouse when installing. I know it sounds crazy but that's how I got the install to complete. Same thing with time machine restores from the install disk, if I don't keep moving the mouse around every minute or so it will fail towards the end.

Until you've actually installed Chameleon (and updated to 10.6.2) on your OS X installation you're going to need to use the USB bootloader or boot CD to get your installation to boot.

Well guys still having some issues,

finally redid the osx image and re did the usb installation method thinking that there might be some issues with it. Created it again a couple of issues.

1) Now, I succesfully installed OSX but at the end it tells me the drive is bootable so tony
mentioned thats normal.

2)Now, going back to working osx hacked machine that has an install working, I try to delete the OSX kernel thats on SL Drive but it says such a volume doesn't exist.

3)Tony mentions to shut down the p55M-UD2 shortly after the install. I did that, now a few of you mention to run multibeast, what options do I select, keep in mind that I am running an osx install usb method that has been strictly followed.

What are exact steps for getting this up and running? If you guys can give me exact directions, it would be very much appreciated.

After I run the install immediately shutting down the machine should i take the hd and plug into the hackintosh thats already running, then run multi-beast? In addition, what options do I select I realize there's some DSDTS and I know I select P55M-UD2 what other options do I select next, how do I update to OSX 10.6.2, if I can't boot into it to begin with. You guys mention to boot into it using the USB installer drive; and use the boot menu from there and boot into SL drive that I've installed on, lastly, I had to boot into verbose mode in order for the installation to install is that normal?

Once again, thank you all for answering my questions, I am kind of a noob when it comes to the new p55m-ud2 board so if you guys can give an indepth detailed answers I would appreciate it, I am completely lost at this point and in addition, I've been reading there could some other issues as well that I am not fixing...i.e. multiplier settings?

Thank you for your time, and keep up the good work.

Ok, you''ve got it installed on a drive, right?

1. Boot up using the USB boot.
2. Once you've made it to the desktop, run Multibeast.
3. Select the following options:

- Under Chameleon, take the first option (Chameleon 2.0 RC4)
- Under Audio, LegacyHDA, ALC888b choose the six 3.5mm Audio Jacks option
- Under Graphics, choose NVEnabler
- Under Network, choose RealtekR1000SL
- Under DSDT, choose the GA-P55M-UD2 F8 option (is your BIOS updated to F8?)
- Under Extras, choose 64-bit com.apple.boot.plist, MacPro4,1 smbios.plist, and the tonmacx86theme :)
- Under Kernel, choose the 10.0.0 patched kernel
- Under Standard SL kexts, choose fakesmc.kext and JMicronATA.kext
- Check the Utilities option so you get the utilities installed
- Make sure the Disk Utilities option is also checked

4. Go ahead and let that run. When it's finished, check your root directory and make sure there's a folder there called "Extra" that has some stuff in it.
5. Eject your USB and reboot.
6. Your installation should boot up now without the need of the USB bootloader.
7. Download the 10.6.2 combo update to your computer.
8. Run the update and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back