Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I plan to build a hackintosh using the following components:

- Gigabyte GA-P55m-UD2
- Core i5-750 Processor
- 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM
- Sapphire Radeon HD5770

Mainboard and processor should work without a problem from what I´ve read, but what about the graphics card? I saw that the new HD5000-series drivers allow me to use that card in 10.6.4, but will I be able to install Snow Leo from a retail DVD with that graphics card?
I do not have any other graphics card I could use, but I have some real macs if that helps.
I thought that I could put the HDD into an external case, connect it to my Macbook Pro, install Snow Leo form the DVD on the HDD, install a bootloader to the HDD and put it back into the hackintosh - will that work?
If I get OS X installed, will everything work then? (Most important: Stable, sleep working)

Thanks for your help :)

From what I´ve read on insanelymac and netkas.org, the 5000 series drivers are included in the newest MacMini OS X and the drivers are available for download on these sites. Some have already reported that the 5770 fully works.

My problem is more the installation process: So I´ll not be able to boot the installer on a computer with the 5770 installed, right?
Installing OS X with a real mac and putting that HDD into the hackintosh later will work theoretically? (can´t try that because I don´t have any PCs around).

Well, you could do the initial install on a Mac, but you won't be able to just put the HD back into the other machine and have it work, due to GFX card.

However, if you were to add the kexts etc onto the installed HD, prior to moving it over, then I guess you'd get to boot it OK.

You should be able to boot the HD as an ext HD (USB, eSata etc) on the UD2 if it's in a external drive case, so can test on UD2, fix on the Mac etc w/o messing around too much with cables and screws until it's working.

(Also, I read that Tony/MacMan were considering to make a Beta 5XXX iBoot disk sometime)

what's about a iBoot supported with hd5x support?
do we have to wait for the official kexts?
my config is GA-P55A-UD4 + i5 750 + hd5770; i'm new to this, and I don't have a Mac or another VGA for doing a fresh install..thank you!

With nVidia being another option, I don't see why anyone would go Radeon. I ran a Radeon HD4890 for a while, and it wreaked havoc on my system, and never rendered games the way it was supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back