Graphics
g210M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running 10.6.3 and the DSDT from this site. I assume SpeedStep is working since my About this Mac is showing 2Ghz instead of the usual 2.66Ghz, and my temperature is now 39C - 41C instead of the before 45C.

Anyhow, I cannot get sleep to work. It shuts off my screen, but the computer still runs, and it's locked up and needs a restart.

it may be in S1 mode, hit the power button once when it does that to see if it comes out of sleep, and/or check Console.app to see if the machine actually attempts to enter sleep.

yoyoman said:
I'm running 10.6.3 and the DSDT from this site. I assume SpeedStep is working since my About this Mac is showing 2Ghz instead of the usual 2.66Ghz, and my temperature is now 39C - 41C instead of the before 45C.

Anyhow, I cannot get sleep to work. It shuts off my screen, but the computer still runs, and it's locked up and needs a restart.

The info in About This Mac is not an indication of speedstep working, just the spec of the processor (and even then is often not correct on hacks - there are ways to fix that in other posts). Apps like MSRTools can show the CPU operating frequency.

Stuff that will prevent sleep working include:
- No DSDT or DSDT with no or incorrect fixes in USB/UHCI/EHCI section
- Not using or being able to use native AppleCPUPower management whilst also not having other kexts/fixes in place to offset this (Sleep Enabler etc).

Sounds like the USB issue though. I see tony's front page has some workarounds....

Have a look in BIOS and check if your CPU settings are correct. Sometimes the bus-ratio changes from 20x to 15x

Hitting the power button did not resume the system. I am using a DSDT, so I don't think the USB problems mentioned on the front page apply to me.

Nothing in the Console mentions anything about Sleep.

I wrote this in a forum post a few minutes ago, but it might be worth mentioning here. My system displays "Failed to read boot sector from BIOS device 100%. Error=1" and then zooms through the rest of the boot sequence.

My BIOS did have me at a bus ratio of 15. I changed it to 20, and now I'm back at a higher speed and higher temperature =)

So, how do I verify if SpeedStep is working?

My DSDT file only differs from the tonymac original in the graphics card area. If I wanted to test the original DST, can I just turn on NVEnabler in Multibeast to at least get video? I think I will also test with both front panel USB ports unattached.

SleepEnabler.kext works for me in 10.6.3

hello sorry for my english, I'm Russian, I have a ga-p55-ud3 core i5 750, the problem with sleep when I'm out of sleep mode the keyboard or mouse is a mouse or keyboard do not work! how to get rid of this problem? and how to check the work speedstep? Thanks in advance :D

LightBon5 said:
hello sorry for my english, I'm Russian, I have a ga-p55-ud3 core i5 750, the problem with sleep when I'm out of sleep mode the keyboard or mouse is a mouse or keyboard do not work! how to get rid of this problem? and how to check the work speedstep? Thanks in advance :D

Are you running 10.6.3? If so you will have to unplug and plug back certain USB devices (like the mouse and keyboard) after waking from sleep. There are some solutions being developed for this but that the moment you'll have to do that to use sleep. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back