Contribute
Register

P55M no keyboard on 10.11 install SOLVED, but function doesn't carry over to boot disk with OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
HD 3000
I have an older board - GA-P55M-UD4 and I used a trick to get keyboard and mouse working on the installer. It is referenced in the El Capitan Big List of Solutions...

On a 5-series board set FixUSB_1000 in config.plist (or Clover Configurator / ACPI / DSDT / Fix USB)

However, after running multibeast and switching the boot drive back to the HDD I am no longer getting the mouse and keyboard support that the install usb boot was enabling.

So I booted again with the legacy clover install USB and entered my OS drive (10.11.3). I used EFI mounter again and viewed the congfig.plist of all the available disks... thinking I'd do the same trick as above. However the FixUSB_1000 was already set to "true." Do I need to run through all of the other USB fixes listed int he El Capitan Big List of Solutions or am I missing something here?

You need to make absolutely sure you're editing the config.plist that the system is going to boot from if your USB drive isn't there. If you did a MultiBeast install where you selected Quick Start Legacy, this would be on the EFI partition of your system drive. That's often (but not always) /dev/disk0s1. You can confirm the correct partition if you run "diskutil list" from Terminal and look for the EFI partition of the drive with your OS X installation partition on it. Then mount that (with EFI Mounter v3 or Clover Configurator or whatever) and edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and make sure the USB fix is there and then save it again.

Finally, reboot and use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device, and select your system drive. Then you should definitely use the config.plist above. (Unless you did not install Clover with MultiBeast/Quick Start/Legacy, in which case it might be looking someplace else on the disk for the config.plist file.)

You need to make absolutely sure you're editing the config.plist that the system is going to boot from if your USB drive isn't there. If you did a MultiBeast install where you selected Quick Start Legacy, this would be on the EFI partition of your system drive. That's often (but not always) /dev/disk0s1. You can confirm the correct partition if you run "diskutil list" from Terminal and look for the EFI partition of the drive with your OS X installation partition on it. Then mount that (with EFI Mounter v3 or Clover Configurator or whatever) and edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and make sure the USB fix is there and then save it again.

Finally, reboot and use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device, and select your system drive. Then you should definitely use the config.plist above. (Unless you did not install Clover with MultiBeast/Quick Start/Legacy, in which case it might be looking someplace else on the disk for the config.plist file.)

thanks for reply! I thought I did just that but I'll do it again... used EFI Mounter v3 and saw the USB fix was already there but didn't "save" it.

I have an older board - GA-P55M-UD4 and I used a trick to get keyboard and mouse working on the installer. It is referenced in the El Capitan Big List of Solutions...

On a 5-series board set FixUSB_1000 in config.plist (or Clover Configurator / ACPI / DSDT / Fix USB)

However, after running multibeast and switching the boot drive back to the HDD I am no longer getting the mouse and keyboard support that the install usb boot was enabling.

So I booted again with the legacy clover install USB and entered my OS drive (10.11.3). I used EFI mounter again and viewed the congfig.plist of all the available disks... thinking I'd do the same trick as above. However the FixUSB_1000 was already set to "true." Do I need to run through all of the other USB fixes listed int he El Capitan Big List of Solutions or am I missing something here?

Fixed!! thanks. I shut down and remounted the EFI and it said "false" in the config USB 1000 so I knew that was the issue. Changed it to "true" and then rebooted. Strange that the first time I tried this it showed "true" already in the config file, but I think I may have mis-mounted the correct EFI as there were 3 disks to choose from and my mounting accuracy and patience was probably rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back