Contribute
Register

P55A-UD4P, my working/not working situations sum up(Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GT 740
My Now Stable Build:
OC'ed CPU and Memory
MB BIOS F10,
Tony's USB Method,
MultiBeast 1.1 -> Gigabeast(P55A-UD4P-F8) , smbios(iMac i5) , System Utilities , Only these three checked
Audio - Both front panel and back plate output working great, Digital out not tested.
Network/Bonjour - Both port working, Wake On LAN not tested
Sleep/Restart/Shut Down - All Good
Speedstep - Working
Graphic - DVI working(QE/CI), VGA/HDMI not tested, shows up at System Profiler as unknown but I don't care.
HDD/HDD controller - show up correctly in System Profiler
CPU/Memory - speed and model name recognized correctly
GeekBench Score: 81XX~84XX (I use a very old 250G HDD)
Extra info: UAD-2 quad and Pro tools HD|2 works well on this baby!

If I replace the F8 DSDT with the F10 DSDT from Tony's DSDT database, HDD controller become unknown, internal disk shows up as external.

VERY IMPORTANT!! People have problems with iBoot 2.0 please try rename your HDD to Snow Leopard!! I got KP every time if my HDD named something else!!

Pull out a working drive from my real Mac Pro 10.6.2, and put to hack-Pro:
With iBoot 2.0 Supported, Boot with network working.
With Multibeast 2.0 install to it, KP!
With Multibeast 1.1 install to it, (update) first boot with -x (saft boot), and reboot, works 100%.
With Multibeast 1.1 install to a empty GUID USB disk as a boot device, Boots with everything except network, GeekBench Score:84XX, I can put the HDD back to real mac and work.

Pull out a working drive from my real Mac Pro 10.6.3, and put to hack-Pro:
With Multibeast 1.1 install to it, KP!
With Multibeast 1.1 install to a empty GUID USB disk as a boot device, KP!

If anybody interested and need more detail information, I'll be glad to provide.

My best wish is having a boot device that lets me swap system HDDs between Apple and H-apple, that will save me a lot time and effort to maintain my client's music production systems.

Re: P55A-UD4P, working and not working situations sum up

stereosurfer said:
My Now Stable Build:
OC'ed CPU and Memory
MB BIOS F10,
Tony's USB Method,
MultiBeast 1.1 -> Gigabeast(P55A-UD4P-F8) , smbios(iMac i5) , System Utilities , Only these three checked
Audio - Both front panel and back plate output working great, Digital out not tested.
Network/Bonjour - Both port working, Wake On LAN not tested
Sleep/Restart/Shut Down - All Good
Speedstep - Working
Graphic - DVI working(QE/CI), VGA/HDMI not tested, shows up at System Profiler as unknown but I don't care.
HDD/HDD controller - show up correctly in System Profiler
CPU/Memory - speed and model name recognized correctly
GeekBench Score: 81XX~84XX (I use a very old 250G HDD)
Extra info: UAD-2 quad and Pro tools HD|2 works well on this baby!

If I replace the F8 DSDT with the F10 DSDT from Tony's DSDT database, HDD controller become unknown, internal disk shows up as external.

VERY IMPORTANT!! People have problems with iBoot 2.0 please try rename your HDD to Snow Leopard!! I got KP every time if my HDD named something else!!

Pull out a working drive from my real Mac Pro 10.6.2, and put to hack-Pro:
With Multibeast 1.1 install to a empty GUID USB disk as a boot device, Boots with everything except network, GeekBench Score:84XX, I can put the HDD back to real mac and work.

Pull out a working drive from my real Mac Pro 10.6.3, and put to hack-Pro:
With Multibeast 1.1 install to a empty GUID USB disk as a boot device, KP!

If anybody interested and need more detail information, I'll be glad to provide.

My best wish is having a boot device that lets me swap system HDDs between Apple and H-apple, that will save me a lot time and effort to maintain my client's music production systems.
iBoot 2.0 works with any disk name. As part of our testing I did 4 installs of which (2) were of 10.6.0 and (2) were 10.6.3 with 4 different volumes names Test-10.6.2-1, Test-10.6.2-2, Test-1, Test-2 of which all were successful, No Kernel Panics.

None of our methods has ever been tested with moving a disk between a Hack Pro and a Mac Pro. You are on the bleeding edge with this.

Re: P55A-UD4P, my working/not working situations sum up

Hi, Master MacMan, glad you notice my post, and thank you for all your great effort, I should name my topic more carefully, my bad, it's edited now, it's a long long testing night, sorry.

I might be wrong about this, can you verify:
1. Install via Retail Install Disk image from a working hackintosh
2. Install via Retail Install Disk image from a real mac
3. install via iBboot CD method with a Retail disk
Dose these make differences to a installed 10.6? before apply MultiBeast 2.0.

I seem users on web with this board(P55A-UD4P) ran into problems like me after MultiBeast 2.0 applied, I'm lucky having a backup, my testing system KP even if I kill boot/kernal/Extra folder and reinstall MultiBeast 1.1.
But most situations the testing system boot with iBoot 2.0 CD without problem if the drive is named Snow Leopard.

And I occasionally found install MultiBeast1.1 to a USB disk also boots with a unmodified 10.6 install(which MultiBeast 2.0 don't, I'm using UserDSDT method), this with the iBoot CD success along let me wonder if it's possible having a customizable boot cd, or USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back