Graphics
HD3000/AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1600x900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im getting very low geekbench, my specs are as follows: p55a ud3, i7860 , 4gig ocz gold 1600 i got 6000 on geekbench , running at 1550 ram and 3.2 cpu. BY default my ram was running at 1066 (dunno why). I used Dsdt on this site and i updated bios to f9 before installing snow leopard 10.6.4. Do i need to delete intelcpupowermanagment.kext? Is there a guide to do the speed step? I read about speed step , sorry im noobie, where is that option? Thanks (turbo is enable not auto) memory is on profile1 x8 to get 1550)
THanks for this forum!!

I was checking gigabytes web site, i ddint know that was rev1 and rev2 mobo. I guess i downloaded to rev2 . Ill find out what rev is mine. Will the bios allow me to update even if i got the wrong rev? Cause when i updated to f9 it went fine . Thanks

It's crucial to identify your motherboard revision and apply the right BIOS to it !

Check out my blog for optimal BIOS settings (just make sure you don't apply the low voltage to your RAM, that's for G.Skill Ecos only), and installation guide: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/

At stock clock, your 860 should give you a GB32 of around 8700+.

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Thanks alot Lnx2Mac nice guide.... ONe thing i also notice , it happened a couple times on snow leopard was that black screen that everything freezes and u have to hold the power button to restart it , it happened by just clicking the mouse on an icon on settings , i double clicked on the icon quickly and the computer froze with that black screen, so probably the wrong revision bios that might've caused it? Have u heard anything like that before? THanKs for all the help , This board is great , thanks alot

Dude, I have same Mobo and CPU. As long as you have selected the correct settings in multibeast (i7 imac 11.1 setting + the correct DSDT the speedstep should be activated)

**Important** Go into the advanced cpu settings in Bios and set them all to ENABLED instead of AUTO. That got my geekbench 64 scores back in the 9000's!

spacetoilet said:
Dude, I have same Mobo and CPU. As long as you have selected the correct settings in multibeast (i7 imac 11.1 setting + the correct DSDT the speedstep should be activated)

**Important** Go into the advanced cpu settings in Bios and set them all to ENABLED instead of AUTO. That got my geekbench 64 scores back in the 9000's!
I've never managed to get speedstep to work on either of my P55's!
Tried iMac 11.1, iMac 11.3, MP 5.1, etc.
Everything enabled in advanced CPU settings, etc.

Best, most stable performance I've had on the P55A-UD3 with the i7 870 has been using Lnx2Mac's bios settings, 1600 ram and no OC.
Geekbench comes out at 10800.

The P55-USB3 with the i5 650 just laps it up, with regards to OC.
I've had 10k on Geekbench running at 4.5 and it still took it! :crazy:
It seemed a little crazy to run it like that so I now run 3.98 on that machine with a Geekbench of 8550.
Idles at 25!
I guess it's just a freak chip?

I made a video regarding my hackintosh bios setting and overclocking, hope it can help :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAkCmGOp1_U[/VIDEO]

Here is my hackintosh system:

Core I7-870
Corsair H50 water cooler (lapped + push/pull fan)
Gigabyte P55M-UD4 (M-ATX)
4 X 2GB Patriot DDR3 1600Mhz
Kingston Hyper X Memory Cooler
Saphire ATI 5770 1GB GDDR5
Intel SSD 320 80GB (OSX Lion 10.7.2 and main Apps)
OCZ Vertex 60 GB (Mac Steam Apps games)
2 X WD Black 640 GB (Data)
WD Raptor 150 GB (Data + Installer)
Pioneer DVD Multi Recorder
Super Flower 80 plus 800 Watt PSU

I run a rev 2.0 P55A-UD3 board (F11 bios) with i7 870 and am running over clocked to 3.19GHz and RAM to 1450MHz (originally 1333MHz). I get speedstep running fine and GB readings in the mid 11,000's.

Model identifier is MacPro3,1 I can see the voltage and frequency moving around when using SMC Monitor.

IOReg shows the CSTInfo and also the PStates registered.

The board and CPU have been running over clocked to this speed since November last year and it's been stable even when encoding mkv's from full BD rips. Temps seem to settle to around 78 - 85ºC when under full load with 30ºC ambient, general use temp is around 48ºC and that is with the stock Intel cooler.

Hi all, I tried to managed CO with same mobo rev2.0 F11 but with an i5 760, so only changed blk from 133 to 160, and multiplier 22...so I get it with turbo 3520 and 3360 std shown in MIT, all options enabled and profile1 for RAM to get 1600mhz / 1.5v. so about this mac shows 3.52ghz fixed and temps for all cores are in the range of 42C idle. from windows7 with same BIOS config I get ~28C idle at 1.28Ghz with speedsteping
Then I've started to get P&Cstates to work for speedstep. Gathering some info and reading and more reading I downloaded GereneratePstates.app and voodoopstate.kext
PStateChanger.app and PStateMenu.app, with that I can see all Pstates from 1440 to 3520 (160 steps) and how they changes deppending on cpu load, this is the good thing. The bad thing is that temp never changes idle...so always ~42C even when about this mac shows 1440, so I'm forgetting something to make this work properly. in addition with that voodopstate kext I lost sleep, since it sleeps and wakeup but I lose video (somethimg is wrong with video config)...after that there is nothing I can do besides hard-reboot. I've used champlist to include P&C states info to chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist with a imac 11.3 system definition (the one that matches my cpu).
Can you helpme to get this things working? Should I edit my dsdt? how?
Big tks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back