Contribute
Register

P55A-UD3 Ethernet not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. ALC 888. I have the DSDT so I didn't install the HDA Enabler.

Try the legacy driver, that worked for me.

I used the LegacyHDA>ALC888 from MutliBeast... :S

Any special things you did in the BIOS? Are you on firmware F9? Upgrade to 16.4? Is your ethernet working?

Seems like we have pretty damn similar machines, so I don't understand how mine couldn't be working :(

I have a 5x8a ud3r and my ethernet WAS working , yesterday don' know how i did it, i thought i was a ethernet installer that i took from , then i formated my HD , made a nice and clean new install [ because everithing WAS working now , and i want to have a better and faster way of installing my OS ] and now i have no ethernet ID, i have audio, usb h.s , FW, Video card working,fast boot, fast shut down, preatty much everything! , but damm, my ethernet is not there...... i dont remember what i did, to make it work ! so i can't authorize some of my Plug-ins . sorry for my english.

Yay. I got my Ethernet working. I used the realtek8169 kext. But it is only 32-bit so I have to run in 32 bit mode. I only have 4gb of ram so that's ok.

Audio only works when I boot from iBoot. I don't get it. I am using legacy ALC888 kext from multibeast

sansei said:
I used the LegacyHDA>ALC888 from MutliBeast... :S

Any special things you did in the BIOS? Are you on firmware F9? Upgrade to 16.4? Is your ethernet working?

F8. I just noticed F9 is out, and while I want the improved Turbo Boost benefit, I think I'll hold off until you get yours working before I update. ;)

And yes, everything is working on mine; ethernet @ gigabit speeds, audio, video, even hardware RAID through the Marvell ports (though sloooooowly)...

For audio I'm using Legacy888HDA. I've only tested the single stereo out, haven't tried any of the digital i/os yet but I haven't needed them...

Hmm, do you think its a good idea to roll it back to F8? I am not even sure that is going to solve the problems. Does anyone have it working with F9?

Ethernet works in 32-bit mode. BUT if I shut down, and reboot FROM 32-bit mode, then the USB all go out, which is a REAL PITA cause I lose keyboard/mouse functionality until I boot with iBoot again. :S

I tried using the audio rollback but to no avail. My next move is probably to try an install using , or some other method.

Thanks for the help/advice as always.

Hmm, probably not worth it, I don't think it's ever advisable to flash backwards (except when it is, if you know what I mean, and I'm sure you do). But yeah, wonder if anyone else is having problems with F9. Maybe I'll go ahead and update the FW this weekend to see what happens...

disconap said:
Hmm, probably not worth it, I don't think it's ever advisable to flash backwards (except when it is, if you know what I mean, and I'm sure you do). But yeah, wonder if anyone else is having problems with F9. Maybe I'll go ahead and update the FW this weekend to see what happens...
Downgrading BIOS isn't a big deal and sometimes is recommended.

For example the latest version of the BIOS for the P55M-UD4 has USB issues. The recommendation for solving this issue is downgrading to the previous version.

Well, in that case I can confirm that version F8 works with multi-beast, can't make a claim either way on F9, so try reflashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back