MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Radeon RX 570
P55-USB3 rev.2
GTX 260 Nvidia
Dual Monitors

Getting this all working took some time and trial/error.

1. For some reason 10.6.8 won't install/boot in x64 so I reverted to 10.6.7 and all looks stable
2. Getting the Lion Installer partition took awhile to figure out as XMove was failing. I ended up mounting the Lion dmg and it worked
3. Booting into install was hanging at the Apple icon still i used: PCIRootUID=1
4. Next there was no keyboard/mouse working in the Installer. Manually copied over iousbfamilly and the cache one from SL to Installer.
5. Funky space bar= enter key. Installed fine otherwise in about 20 min or less.
6. Starting up Lion had the same keyboard/mouse issues. Same fix resolved that.
7. Ran Multibeast with same settings as SL except for no Bootloader
8. Audio/Network worked but Gphx was in VGA mode
9. Replaced nv*.kexts in Lion with thosefrom SL and voila ... High Res and dual screens up.

Other than the reversed scrolling in Lion it seems as in SL.

I have the same motherboard but have had tremendous problems trying to install Lion. What version of multibeast did you use and what options did you check in multibeast?

How long did the computer take to boot after you entered the PCIRootUID=1?

Best Regards,

Qman

Same... Install went fine at first but after muktibeast, os x hangs at the gray apple logo.

My notes are a little vague .. but I either used Easybeast via Multibeast 3.8 or did a basic, just bootloader with Multibeast ... Just needed the bootloader mostly.

Any of you get Lion going?

Update ..

I am up to 10.7.2 now ... no problems updating except having to reinstall keyboard/mouse kexts. Also I am using a dsdt kext now and a patched applehda instead of voodoohda for sound (ALC892). Its pretty stable and I am using it about 60/40 vs. Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back