i5-2500
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey!

I'm trying to install Yosemite on my machine using Clover, i did all the preparation steps as suggested yet the PC auto-reboots itself few seconds after showing "p-state stepper error 18" warning, i tried to place AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext inside 10.10 folder and it did a KP instead of quick reboot, removed nullcpupowermanagement and kept only FakeSMC.kext and it didn't resolve the issue, any suggestions or someone with similar problem?

PS: My CPU is not overcloacked (It's i5 Sandy bridge non-K series) I tried disabling Turbo boost technology just for the hell of trying something else and it didnt help at all.

Disabling Intel Enhanced SpeedStep technology worked for eliminating the P-state stepper error however now i'm stuck at Dsmos has arrived, the PC instantly boots in a split second at "Dsmos has arrived" and the screen remains black (sleeps) until i power down then power on the computer.. I did copy FakeSMC.kext to clover's kexts folder, so apparently it's a Graphics card issue? My Nvidia GT-610 works OOB on Mavericks. :|

Update: added Nv_disable=1 to boot flags and i got into the installation screen, the system boots perfectly now with USB plugged in, booting from EFI partition still needs some work to fit my system specs.

I'm in a similar predicament, but nv_disable=1 is preconfigured in the clover boot args on the USB stick, so that's not the solution for me. Don't know what is!

Asus K73E
Intel Core i3 2350M
HM65 mainboard
Intel HD3000

Followed the [Guide]Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI, selected config.plist from Rehabman's repository (chose config_HD3000_1600x900.plist) and placed the required kexts as indicated. Used createinstallmedia method to create the USB and then renamed.

Clover loads from USB, but when I select install osx I get the panic after the P-State Stepper error.

Stuck.

I'm in a similar predicament, but nv_disable=1 is preconfigured in the clover boot args on the USB stick, so that's not the solution for me. Don't know what is!

Asus K73E
Intel Core i3 2350M
HM65 mainboard
Intel HD3000

Followed the [Guide]Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI, selected config.plist from Rehabman's repository (chose config_HD3000_1600x900.plist) and placed the required kexts as indicated. Used createinstallmedia method to create the USB and then renamed.

Clover loads from USB, but when I select install osx I get the panic after the P-State Stepper error.

Stuck.

Laptop questions should be posted to the appropriate laptop forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back