Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I previously had the problem with ''Still waiting for root 'device'' when booting Mountain Lion, that seems to of vanished after using this as a fix in Terminal -

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv IOAHCIBlockStorage IOAHCIBlockStorage.origsudo cp IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig IOAHCIBlockStoragesudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xeb\x03|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xe8\x 01|g' IOAHCIBlockStoragesudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\x72\x92\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x 00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source - http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/20/updated-fix-for-still-waiting-for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=updated-fix-for-still-waiting-for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion

Now I'm getting this new fault where it says -

P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 3
P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 2
P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 1
P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0

Screen shot

IMG_3083.jpg

My hardware

- Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3
- Intel i5 2500k Sandybridge
- 8GB 1600mhz RAM
- Onboard graphics at the moment
- Mountain Lion 10.8.2

What suggestions do you have for me guys? Safemode works fine

I just enabled a SSDT for boosting an i5 and I don't seem to get P-state now, I get this -
WHYYYYY won't it just work :(

IMG_3084.jpg

Is it a GPU issue of some sort? I haven't enabled any kext or anything to allow my HD3000 onboard graphics?

I plan on buying a GTX660 anyway but I wanted to get it running stable first

Surly someone can help me or give me a hint?!

I tried replacing AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement kext with an earlier 10.7.3 (ready somewhere about it) and now the previous P-state error has gone.. I'm getting the below now, the 2 that look most obvious to me are

BootCacheControl unable to open ..... etc
and
The AppleIntelCPU thing I just replaced seems to be timing out?
and
Transcript offline.... still!

IMG_3092.jpg

Well in Multibeast thought I'd try 'Patch AppleIntelCPU etc...' but that hasn't helped either... again getting a different message but maybe after my last message and this one someone can make sense of what's going wrong?

Windows 7 might be going on this machine tomorrow if not... owned this PC a month now and not been able to get it running Mountain Lion, I'd like to be able to use my new toy really!

IMG_3093.jpg

Right give up! Don't know what I'm doing and there doesn't seem to be anyone to help me

Hey, this sounds strange but I had the same problem and managed to solve it through GraphicsEnabler=NO as flag.

which smbios do you use?
are you also overclocking it?
P-state error doesn't show unless you are overclocking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back