Graphics
EVGA GTX 660Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I was just wondering if the actual OC that my BIOS shows is the actual frequency that Mountain Lion is utilizing?

I have my asus p8z77-v mobo overclocked to 4.43ghz and under "about this mac" it only shows 3.61ghz and with a low geekbench score of 6100... And in Windows 7 it is 15100..

Is this something that can be left alone in which it is really running 4.43 but it only shows the wrong frequency of 3.61?
Or is the 3.61ghz the actual frequency that ML is utilizing?

I would really appreciate it if someone threw me a bone over here.. Thanks..

If you are using sandy bridge make sure that u are using SSDT in extra folder to enable speed stepping,I was facing this problem and solved that way
I am using sandy bridge. Is the ssdt you are talking out the one in multibeast? That one i did instal so is there something else i have to do to enable it? Thanks....

quick question, does the SSDT support both sandy bridge and ivy bridge?
ii'm having the same issue with my 2500k

the ssdt on multibest is for sandy bridge.. like for your 2500k and my 2700k.. i installed the ssdt from multibeats but speed stepping is not working..

have you installed the ssdt from multibeast?

the ssdt on multibest is for sandy bridge.. like for your 2500k and my 2700k.. i installed the ssdt from multibeats but speed stepping is not working..

have you installed the ssdt from multibeast?

i tested geekbench before multibeast and got geekbench scores of about 8000.

after multi beast (wihtout SSDT), geekbench score of 4400 consistently
after installing SSDT from multibeast, geekbench scores unchanged, and still 4400.

i'm beginning to think the multiplier is locked, and not sure how to go about fixing it.
maybe need to patch motherboard bios (3304 on asus p8z68 pro/gen3), or use my own dsdt?

i tested geekbench before multibeast and got geekbench scores of about 8000.

after multi beast (wihtout SSDT), geekbench score of 4400 consistently
after installing SSDT from multibeast, geekbench scores unchanged, and still 4400.

i'm beginning to think the multiplier is locked, and not sure how to go about fixing it.
maybe need to patch motherboard bios (3304 on asus p8z68 pro/gen3), or use my own dsdt?

asus motherboards do have some power management controls locked. which is why flashing it with a modified bios is recommended.. But for me I tried flashing a modified bios but I get a message saying "security verification failed".

So i didnt flash my mobo and sleep didnt work until I installed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from multibeast.

I recommend flashing your mobo with a modified bios and see if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back