Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The working Mac I have is too old to run even Unibeast (its an '06 MBP with 10.6.8 as the highest OS it can run). I'd like to build a hackintosh, but I am looking for other options to build a bootable USB with the High Sierra installer.

I have a generic MacOS bootable USB stick with High Sierra app on it, but it is not able to boot up my bare bones BIOS-only desktop (Gigabyte H270-Gaming 3, i5-7500)

I have a newer Win 10 laptop available, if there is a windows equivalent. If not, are there other options I can use from my 10.6 Macbook Pro to create the bootable USB I need? Hoping to find a workable alternative.

Friend has newer iMac and help me create the generic bootable USB stick (didn't realize I needed to use Unibeast). He doesn't live that close, so I am looking for alternatives to using his iMac to download Unibeast and make another USB stick.

Are there any other options?

I can access the InstallESD.dmg and other files in the Installer app's package contents, but can't do much else with it. Is there a set of files I could manually add to my generic USB stick... essentially adding whatever Unibeast would add automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back