Graphics
GTS 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
One idea, looking at some last days comments, is maybe to open a subforum for "Other languages" in the OSx86 Help Desk. Something like insanelymac (start with 2 or 3 languajes e.g. spanish, italian and german) in order to people without english knowledge to get some support between themselves and share experiences using tony's method which seems very accurate and simple.

Best regards.

Or may be just add a Google Translate button in all pages ?

Hmmm... Registered users could get automatically to the translated posts instead of having to click the "Translate" button/combo...

lnx2mac said:

Hmmm... Registered users could get automatically to the translated posts instead of having to click the "Translate" button/combo...

Nice idea- I'll work on it. Any specific idea for implementation?

tonymacx86 said:
lnx2mac said:

Nice idea- I'll work on it. Any specific idea for implementation?

Check out the code snippet in the Google Translate page I linked above.

At the end of the day, it becomes a like as follows:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=EncodedURL&sl=en&tl=fr

Also, check out EvOSX86's page. They have a nice flags block on the right...

Added a dropdown menu to the bottom of the site- you can access it from any page. We'll see how it goes- if we get a lot of non-English speaking users, we can open up a forum group. :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 5.05.45 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-01 at 5.05.45 PM.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 206
Hey Tony,

You Rock ! That's extremely cool.

Plus you'll save me the effort of the courtesy English translation on every reply I post in other langs ;)

Great!!! Maybe we can post a sticky somewhere to advice about this feature. I think it is a little hidden down there....

Anyway thanks Tony for this one.

I've added it to the Site News Global Announcement- hopefully it will get some notice there. For now, I think it would be best to have everyone translate to English before posting- this will allow more people to help.

Thanks for the tips- I do want to make this place better! ;)

托尼,

对您å‘é€æˆ‘感谢您从è‹å·žã€‚

MM

托尼,

But now to add a English to chosen language button too, or use browser level translate like always?

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back