Contribute
Register

OSXWIFI - Bluetooth conflict w/Aorus' Intel BT?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After reading about the card and the pluses and minuses, I gave it a try.
Wifi is working nicely. However no BT.

I discovered in System Information, that there seems to be the expected BRCM20702 Hub, but it also shows Bluetooth HCI/Intel.
Im assuming the HCI is the onboard bluetooth and maybe I have a conflict.
I can not shut off BT via BIOS so I went into IOREgistryExplorer, but can't figure out how to find the HCI's port name (see attached picture).
I was hoping I could just exclude the HCI port and life would be good.

Any help is always appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 44
I discovered in System Information, that there seems to be the expected BRCM20702 Hub, but it also shows Bluetooth HCI/Intel.

Must disable non-supported BT (Intel). macOS does not deal well with multiple BT controllers.

I think this post is asking How? There’s no option in BIOS

What I thought I said, is I can’t find the port. As per the link you shared, I went into ioregistryexplorer and it’s not showing details - so I can’t find it.

I am happy to know I think (and your verifying it’s a conflict with the two Bluetooth adapters)

@RehabMan I went back and reread the link you sent.

I believe I made the changes from the section on "Preparation for port Discovery"
Going back into the IORegExlorer I still don't see any breakout in my XHC section.

Any chance you could tell what I might have missed?

thanks.

Attachments

• HackIOReg.zip
    946.6 KB · Views: 37
  • EFI.zip
    32.6 MB · Views: 101
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    2 KB · Views: 40
  • Terminal Saved Output2.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 43
@RehabMan I went back and reread the link you sent.

I believe I made the changes from the section on "Preparation for port Discovery"
Going back into the IORegExlorer I still don't see any breakout in my XHC section.

Any chance you could tell what I might have missed?

thanks.

According to the ioreg you attached, your Intel BT is obviously at XHC.HS02:
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 7.27.26 AM.png

Note: idVendor is 0x8087.

@RehabMan thanks for looking at things. I DL'd IOJones and was able to find that HS02 is the port for internal vendor. I think the latest Mojave is having a problem with IOReg as its not showing me the "traiangled" info at all.

That said, I followed the link:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ to exclude HS02.....not sure I did this right..... where would I look to trouble shoot?

thanks

UPDATE: My bad, I just read search doesn't work, so when scrolling IoRefExpl, I can see my port info.....

Last edited:
UPDATE: My bad, I just read search doesn't work, so when scrolling IoRefExpl, I can see my port info.....

IORegistryExplorer search works fine (as designed), but it is not appropriate for looking at hierarchy.

@RehabMan
I used a copy of SSDT-UIAC.aml from the same config. I confirmed there is no HS02 present in the file, and placed it in the EFI>Clover>APCI>Patched director.

In checking after a reboot HS02 is still present. What would I have missed? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back