Contribute
Register

OSX wakes up immediately after sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
SONY VAIO E14 SVE14A390X
CPU
i7-3632QM/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, HD 7670M
Hey guys,

trying to wrap up the 2-3 big things left on my install. Sleep has been one of the things that's been bothering me the most. It goes to sleep, but will wake up about 2-3 seconds later. I checked console and got "Wake reason - GLAN EHC2". I did a bit of googling and searching on this site, but wasn't able to get any help out of it

Any of you have an idea where I could look?

Thanks,

Hey guys,

trying to wrap up the 2-3 big things left on my install. Sleep has been one of the things that's been bothering me the most. It goes to sleep, but will wake up about 2-3 seconds later. I checked console and got "Wake reason - GLAN EHC2". I did a bit of googling and searching on this site, but wasn't able to get any help out of it

Any of you have an idea where I could look?

Thanks,

For instant wake: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"
Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2

Wow. Worked perfectly. Doesn't work with lid close or pressing the power button, but manually sleeping from menu works like a charm. You're like an endless resource for this stuff. While you're around, you wouldn't happen to know a quick resource for me to get HDMI out working would you? My brightness is also broken. When I originally installed Lion on this pc, I had to use something called blink or something to make the brightness not be super dull. It's still on my pc, but I was wondering if there was an alternate fix since then? Thanks for all the help.

Wow. Worked perfectly. Doesn't work with lid close or pressing the power button, but manually sleeping from menu works like a charm. You're like an endless resource for this stuff. While you're around, you wouldn't happen to know a quick resource for me to get HDMI out working would you? My brightness is also broken. When I originally installed Lion on this pc, I had to use something called blink or something to make the brightness not be super dull. It's still on my pc, but I was wondering if there was an alternate fix since then? Thanks for all the help.

Not sure about the brightness on your machine. Your profile shows you have Radeon only.

I believe it's Intel 4000 that's a hybrid with the radeon. On the about this mac it says Intel 4000 as well. Would you think the brightness patch for intel 4000 in that source you gave me would work?

I believe it's Intel 4000 that's a hybrid with the radeon. On the about this mac it says Intel 4000 as well. Would you think the brightness patch for intel 4000 in that source you gave me would work?

Please fix your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please fix your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Sorry about that, updated it, and here's the info

System: Sony VAIO e14p
CPU: i7-3632QM/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1600x900

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Worked like a charm. Thanks a ton. Gonna read up on some posts to finish up the rest of the stuff. Thanks.

For instant wake: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"
Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2

I have a Probook 6550b and am facing the "instant wakeup after sleep" issue. I've applied the brightness/slider patches and have the backlight kext. Does this apply for my laptop? How do I check if I have 7-series/8-series USB and where can I find the GenericUSBXCHI kext?

My DSDT is attached.

Attachments

• DSDT_patched.aml.zip
    43.3 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back