Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I installed Os X 10.8.2 to a USB stick with UniBeast.
I chose to install ML onto the spare 128 GB SSD - the setup process ran smooth with absolutely no
issues at all. I then restarted and booted back into the USB again, this time selecting the OSX
i call the SSD for Macintosh HD.
Again, no issues occurred with the final part of the setup.
Once in ML I installed an soundkext using MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.2.1 restarted into the USB selecting OSX again, and I now had a successful sound.
My issue is the next part: obviously the next step is to get
OSX to boot without the use of the UniBeast USB stick.
However, I have failed to achieve this after 3-4 clean re-installs of ML
(performed after getting Kernel Panics after installing different Kexts, Chameleon, boot options etc).
What am I doing wrong?
My Hardware is:
Motherbord - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77,
Cpu - Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.5GHZ,
Power - Corsair HX 850w
Grafic card - ASUS GeForce GTX 680 2GB Direct CU II TOP OC
Memmory 32GB Corsair XMS3 Vengeance @ 1866MHZ i CL9

Are you using a patched BIOS from Sami? Once you install ML with Unibeast USB reboot and open Multi Beast and select user DSDT install without a DSDT. DSDT not needed for your board. Do not install anything else and see if you can boot without Unibeast USB. If it boots then you can install the rest of the things you may need from MB.

Whats happens when you try and boot without the USB? Does it give you an error?

Not much happend becouse the computer skips the HD with OS X and it cures into boot Win 8 instead. I have chosen OS X disk to be the primary boot disk but nothing happens. What is that - patched BIOS from Sami? Any link or info about that? When i intall Multi Beast i only just choose audio kext and nothing else! Multi beast says skip on all selections. It will boot normally through USB but nothing happens if I select OS X HD

sounds like you could be getting the boot0 error. Search "boot0 error hackintosh" on google and you will get some answers on how to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back