Contribute
Register

OSX SL & Lion installs both hang at Apple Logo screen (MultiBeast problem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
JetWay JNAF92-Q67
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
I think I am having issues with MultiBeast.

I have an Intel core i7 Sandy Bridge built with a JetWay JNAF92-Q67 mobo. This system is intended to run Pro Tools HD PCI - that's why Im using the Jetway mobo.

Ive tried both SL and Lion installs using iBoot and Unibeast methods. Everything goes great in both cases, my system will boot all day using Unibeast on a USB or iBoot on a CD. I can then boot into the HDD install and everything is great........until I install MultiBeast!

Once I install Multibeast, the system gets stuck at the Apple Logo screen, the spinning gear locks up. Whether I try to boot from HDD< Unibeast, or iBoot....same problem

Im trying everything I can find, unfortunately there's not much info on the Jetway board, no DSDT, etc.

Any advice from the experts out there?

JetWay JNAF92-Q67 LGA 1155 Intel Q67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155
Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series MKNSSDAT120GB-V mSATA 120GB SATA III
GeIL Black Dragon 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660)
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

YES! I figured out the problem using verbose boot to see where it was hanging up.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleINtelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

I was able to make a couple of changes using Multibeast tools. I used EasyBeast with these 2 options:
1. Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/System/Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/OS 10.7.4
2. Customization/Boot Options/32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No

I'll upload some screenshots soon. Hopefully this thread will help someone who's having similar boot problems. Even if they are not exactly the same. You have to use the verbose boot to discover your problem. I've done about 35 installs in the past week, tried everything. This was a breakthrough day.

multibeast settings.jpgverbose boot.jpg

screenshots of verbose boot message and multibeast settings that resolved boot issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back