CPU
Q9550
Graphics
GTX560Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I'd like to try to install OSX Sierra on my old pc having an Asus P5Kpl-AM SE as main board, an invidia 9500 GT as video card and an CPU Intel Pentium Dual E2220 2,40GHz. Is it possible? I tried, but when i boot my pc from "Boot Mac OS X from USB", after a while I get just a black screen with a white Apple in the center and the installation doesn't go on.
Thanks !!!

How did you create your USB Installation thumb drive - Legacy or UEFI?

Edit: IIRC, your 9500 GT is no longer supported in Sierra.

.. legacy.
then I can't instal Sierra, right? Could I try to instal El Capitan?

Last edited:
Legacy is correct. Looks (from a forum search) that you GT 9500 might be supported. Do not use the VGA port as Apple's OS X (macOS) has not supported VGA is over a decade.

I tried to link the monitor through hdmi cable and unplugging vga port, but nothing changed, the installation stops when black screen with white apple comes out.

No idea about a how to resolve that issue?

Hi everyone,
I got my hacintosh almost perfectly working, I've just one problem that I couldn't resolve, my audio doesn't work. My mobo is Asus P5Kpl-AM SE, do you know how can I get the audio working on this mobo?
Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone,
I got my hacintosh almost perfectly working, I've just one problem that I couldn't resolve, my audio doesn't work. My mobo is Asus P5Kpl-AM SE, do you know how can I get the audio working on this mobo?
Thanks a lot.
Look up your Audio spec and do a search on the forum for any hits related to it. More than likely, you'll need to install a version of VodooHDA.kext.

Hi everyone,
Thanks a lot.
Could you post how you got it to work, I am having the same problem with the same setup right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back