Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to install the retail snow leopard on my HP pavillion m8430f. I have tried running the iBoot method and the loaders bring up the apple logo and than have a circle with a slash above the logo appear and doesn't boot to install. No kernel panicks or error messages appear. I am able to boot and put in my retail snow leopard disc. Once I boot it will process some information from the disc for a couple of minutes go to a black screen and do nothing. I'm not sure why it won't go to the install page. I've tried messing with the bios. I've been following this step by step but I dont have all the bios like that computer has. I switch in the bios to AHCI and change the boot up to cd rom for the first and the hard drive for the second. Other than the lack of the bios I'm not sure why it isn't working. Any help would be great, thanks. http://lifehacker.com/5672051/how-to-bu ... easy-steps

Check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17220

There are also some HP Pavilion guides on Insanelymac.com. Some of them suggest that an alternative BIOS version is needed, but that wasn't the case for me.

You might need to experiment with some switches when you use the iBoot cd. On one system I had to use cpus=1 to get the install process rolling. There are a bunch of other ones you can try but I'm not the expert on them so search around here and you'll find some options that might work for you.

Moved to the correct forum, Laptop Support.

ModBot said:
Moved to the correct forum, Laptop Support

Uh, mod, FYI, the m8430f is not a laptop, it's a desktop system. The OP's profile lists a Sony laptop but that's not what he's posting about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back