Mobo: mcp73t
Cpu: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.20GHz 800FSB 1MB Cache
Gpu: integrated nvidia geforce7100
Memory: 4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Storage: sata 750 gb hdd
Networking: integrated gigabit ethernet
Router:Netgear wndr3700

Ok so now the problem:
The ethernet sees the router and the router sees the hackintosh but it cannot connect to the internet
Network diagnostics is Ethernet: green, Network Settings: green, ISP: red, internet: red, Server: red

Steps tried already:
Delete all network connections and start fresh ethernet connection with dchp
Enter settings manually
Tried all 4 ports on router
Applied every networking .kext in the multibeast
Fresh install
Upgrade router firmware :banghead:
Dual boot linux to confirm ethernet is working, result: works 100%
Terminal ping www.google.com no good
Terminal ping 64.233.163.104 (also google) no good so i know it is not a dns issue

I have tried everything i can think of can you guys please help?

hitenKumar said:
try turning on the firewall and restart PC, it does work for me that way.

Tried it, still no dice. Thanks though, i never thought of trying it.

Ok so now i updated the router to the wndr3800 firmware that supports time machine backups on lion so i know the router can speak to the os soooo.... now what?

So i got efistudio 1.1 and entered the device configuration hex string into my org.chameleon.boot.plist,
Still no dice. Hopefully there is a guru somewhere out here that can find a simple fix

Routers should work with macs without any issues. Have you checked your IP address? Is it a self-assigned IP (169.254.x.x) or something that was allocated by the router (e.g. 192.168.x.x)?

In system information, under the ethernet tab, what information do you see?

The ip address is 192.168.1.8 this is supplied by the routers dchp service.
I have also tried setting the settings manually to 192.168.1.25 subnet mask 255.255.255.0(same as router) and 192.168.1.1 default gateway with dns of 192.168.1.1(the router uses dns ip provided by dchp from ISP)
I am convinced that the problem lies in the OS because I can boot into linux and surf with no issues. I even tried reserving the address of 192.168.1.8 for the machines Mac address and then setting the routers dmz to that ip to allow unrestricted traffic. I am however wondering if I can change my Mac address to see if there's a problem there because if I change the routers Mac address to reflect the one given by the hackintosh no computers can get Internet.

why don't you eliminate the router and try to connect it directly to your modem see if it works. that way if it works you know it's not the mac and if it doesn't than it could be but just to be sure power recycle your modem first.

The modem is in the front of the house in a utility closet where the cable comes in connected via cat 6 to the router in the middle of the house. All of the Ethernet cables are ran through the attic and I don't have a monitor in the house to connect the hackintosh to so I would have to unmount my flat screen to test it out(not really feasible)

And I have power cycled all three... Modem... Router... And pc.

Ok so i was able to borrow a monitor and connect it through a working 6' patch cable directly to the modem and i get the same result... this is so frustrating, i cannot believe noone has this problem but me. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back