NVida
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,
I'm trying to get to the installer screen on the multi beast but i keep getting this line of text that says
"Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI - Link failed
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXCHI .
Couldn't alloc class appleUSBXHC I
still waiting for root device"
^still waiting for root device continues forever

I've tried -x -v and it doesn't change anything.
I feel like it's something obvious that I'm missing.
I think it has something to do with kext in the new 10.8.1 update Which I assume is the version of ML I have on the flash drive.
i5 2500k Lga1155
ASrock Z77 Extreme 4
Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD
4gb Gskil RAM

I feel like a moron, but that worked.:D
I can get to the installer page and to disk utility. When I erase my drive to format it, it seems to get stuck half way through. I have a Corsair Force GT3 120gb SSD. I'm thinking its something with my BIOS set up?

I can get to the installer page and to disk utility. When I erase my drive to format it, it seems to get stuck half way through. I have a Corsair Force GT3 120gb SSD. I'm thinking its something with my BIOS set up?

FYI for all. While running disk utility check the drive you want ML installed on for partitions that aren't mounted or any partitions at all. Select them and erase them first! Then go through the erase for the whole drive.

Your Unibeast instructions don't say erase the drive, they tell you to create a partition...

Your Unibeast instructions don't say erase the drive, they tell you to create a partition...

My drive was not natively in MAC OSX Journaled format. Therefore, I had to use the disk utility program to format the drive correctly in order to install mountain lion on it. Formatting a drive erases the contents of the drive. In this case the function for formatting the drive is under the erase tab in the disk utility and is completed by clicking the erase button found under the erase tab. This removed the partition that was natively found on my drive. Then, disk utility as a part of formatting creates a partition, or you can then create a partition yourself via the partition tab.
I hope that clears up my post.

My drive was not natively in MAC OSX Journaled format. Therefore, I had to use the disk utility program to format the drive correctly in order to install mountain lion on it. Formatting a drive erases the contents of the drive. In this case the function for formatting the drive is under the erase tab in the disk utility and is completed by clicking the erase button found under the erase tab. This removed the partition that was natively found on my drive. Then, disk utility as a part of formatting creates a partition, or you can then create a partition yourself via the partition tab.
I hope that clears up my post.
It wouldn't need cleaned up if that was what you posted! No worries.

I'm having the same problem as you have. Have you found a solution??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back