Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-3960
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
After a few attempts I have a working Lion on an Intel DX58SO with an Intel Core i7.

For other DX58SO Mobo owners here are my steps.

1) Create the Unibeast USB drive as per Tony's tutorial.

2) Boot from the USB and install Lion, do a fresh install wiping clean and repartitioning the drive you intend to install onto.

3) After installation boot from the USB again and choose your new lion install to boot

4) Go through the creation for your user account, network settings etc, once complete and sitting with the Lion desktop in front of you, restart and boot from the usb again

5) When logged in open Multibeast and choose the following options
- Easybeast
- System Utilities > Repair Permissions
- Drivers and Bootloaders > Kexts & enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx
ALC8xxHDA + Apple HDA Rollback
- Drivers and Bootloaders > Kexts & enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Non-DSDT
ALC889
- Network > hnak's AppleIntelE1000
- OSX86 Software > Kext Utility
(if your graphics card is not already detected, then you'll need to sort that out on your own)

6) Reboot without USB, should boot ... if not, boot from USB again and REPEAT STEP 5

7) Install 10.7.2 update and Reboot

8) Run Multibeast and fix audio
- Drivers and Bootloaders > Kexts & enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx
ALC8xxHDA + Apple HDA Rollback
- Drivers and Bootloaders > Kexts & enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Non-DSDT
ALC889

9) Reboot and audio should be working again.

The steps above have worked great for me and I hope they work you too. Easybeast is the best option as the dsdt.aml files floating around the web for the DX58SO do not seem to work on Lion.

My Hardware:
M/B: Intel DX58SO
CPU: Intel Core-i7 965XE
MEM: Kingston Hyper-X 1600 Mhz DDR-3 (3 x 4Gb)
LAN: Onboard Intel 8256x
VGA: Nvidia GEForce 9800GT (1Gb)
SOUND: Onboard
HDD (OSX): Kingston SSD Now V+ 128Gb

Hi.
Do you have sound working over optical output ?
Mine shows that it should be playing, but it does not.

Also, I have ATI HD4870 card. Upon exit from sleep mode, looks like all apps previously running are getting restarted again....

Fixing ideas are welcome. Thanks.

mitchellk, fantastic info, I've got my system up and running flawlessly.

Thank you so much! ;)

really helpful , thank you so much, i have a question, there is an new audio codec, that had been edited and optimized, should we install it?, if yes, how can we install, thank you for your help !!!
I install succesfully lion, And is working, but for some reason i start my computer And the osx lion load as Safe mide automatically, do you Know why? Also my bios versión is the last one, which should i have or install?

I know this is a semi-old post, but I just wanted to post up that this method worked flawlessly for me on my desktop. I currently have the DX58SO board, PNY GTX 460 graphics card, 4GB of RAM (the 6GB of corsair I just purchased wouldn't boot...even in W7) and an i7 920 that is overclocked to 3.50GHz.

Being that this was my first hackintosh ever, I really appreciate all the good reading that this site has given me. Thank you for this write up!! :headbang:

Worked great. Thanks a ton!

:headbang:

Ah spoke too soon, does not go to sleep. Graphics card 9800GT is detected though, should I go for a patch for that?

Hello guys, i gun lion Running so nice!! thanks to you!, just i'm wondering if i can change my system definition to one more recently, can i?, would get kernel panic? to which system definition could change and get better results?

now i have Mac Pro 3,1 Early 2008

thank you

So glad this helped you guys get Lion working on your DX58SO, mine been running like a beast for weeks now without a glitch.

@ themaskofwraith
Front panel audio? > haven't tested as I don't use it.

@richin80
With Easybeast install method my system by default shows as MacPro, that is what you want. Quite honestly if your system works fine with it's current definition you don't really need to fiddle. As they say if it don't itch, don't scratch.

Just something I forgot to mention with Lion on the DX58SO.

When your display goes to sleep, you move your mouse but nothing happens :eek: Some may think they have a wake from sleep problem but all you need to do is hit Return/Enter on your keyboard and it wakes the screen.

I have not found a way to wake lion with a mouse shake but it is no problem for me, I am quite used to waking it with hitting enter on the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back