Contribute
Register

OSX Lion 10.7.5 Quadro & GeForce Mac OS X Driver Release 295.00.05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since upgrading to 10.7.5, my graphics performance has gone down significantly. Furthermore, the screen gets irreparably corrupted on wake from sleep or strangely whenever I run XBMC. Finally, when running the LuxMark benchmark tool, I get the following error:

Code:
2012-10-19 09:45:14 - [RenderEngine] [PathOCLRenderThread::0] PathOCL kernel compilation error ERROR clBuildProgram[CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE]: Error getting function data from server 
2012-10-19 09:45:14 - RUNTIME ERROR: PathOCL kernel compilation error

My conclusion is that OpenCL is no longer enabled since the update to 10.7.5, so I installed the NVIDIA Quadro drivers mentioned here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/272-nvidia-releases-lion-10-7-5-graphics-drivers.html

That didn't help, so I ran Multibeast 4.6.1 and re-applied the OpenCL patch, but that gave me kernel panics and the computer would not reboot. I've rolled back that change (from a backup), so I can now boot and use my Hackintosh, but the poor graphics performance, and the lack of sleep are a real hassle. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Is there any way to update the OpenCL patch? Is there something amiss with my DSDT? I'm still a noob at all this hackintosh stuff.

I'm using a GB-Z68X-UD3H motherboard with a Zotac GeForce 430 card.

I'm trying to find the same answers - except with a gtx 550ti

could you post here if you find anything?
There used to be a perl one liner you could run in order to enable opencl...but I don't know where things are at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back