i7-930
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Everyone,

I just installed OSX Lion 10.7.1 on my Hack Pro and everything worked the way it should but now I'm getting a very slow boot on it now. When I was on Snow Leopard it only took about 5 - 10 seconds to boot now it's like 1 min, I noticed that the HDD activity light doesn't flicker (like as if it's not loading up at all) for about 40 seconds or so then that's when the light starts to flicker and then it starts loading up and takes nearly a min to get to the desktop from when I turn on the computer. Is there a fix for this? Be much appreciated :thumbup:

Thanks dude I'll give that a try when I get home later :thumbup:

Ok here's what I've done. I booted up in verbose mode to see if there were any kexts slowing the boot time down but it didn't come up with any error messages. I updated to the new 10.7.2 update and didn't help, I tried deleting the whole Extra folder and used the latest muiltibeast with easybeast install and didn't change anything. I used darkwake=0 in .plist file and that resulted in a KP and I don't know if that was because I put the command in wrong (but I fixed the KP with my rBoot disk and was able to change it back) so I'm now currently on 10.7.2 and everything is working fine except for the slow 1 min boot up time which is frustrating me :? with that command darkwake=0 command what <key></key> is needed before that? Or are there any other suggestions that any of you would recommend for me so that I can boot my hackintosh faster? Again any help is appreciated!

this will little help. If you have many HD on boot up. Going to your system pref. click on start up disk. and choose the boot up HD. This will speed up boot up little. Or you want fasten then buy SSD HD all good..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back