Contribute
Register

OSX installation on clevo p650re6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it fixed :) i had no hfplus.efi... Installed it to the USB efi :p rookie mistake. I tried to install audio through a El capitan clover post installer on the insanelymac forums. It shows All my hardware and i van change volume, there is nu sound tho.(10.11.4 breaks audio problem?) Also got your 8111 Ethernet kext and it worked like a charm. For the power management i used the beta from Pike with your tutorial. I see no changes but i dont know what i should see on that one :p

You need correct ACPI patches for audio. Read the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Also tried some Different ig-platform-id's and tried without one. They All boot and show me 17mb graphics.

Some have reported success with 0x19160000.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

You need correct ACPI patches for audio. Read the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Some have reported success with 0x19160000.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi,

i have been trying to get audio and graphics working. I tried multiple things and i think i made it a mess. Going to redo the whole installation soon i think.

I was also trying to compile my ssdt and dsdt. i followed your tutorial and got the aml files through the f4 button in clover. then i decompiled them with the terminal command as shown in the tutorial. i got the dsdt and all but 1 ssdt compiling. ssdt-11 is not working. its the preftune intel ssdt. error: parseop-Integer syntax error. I will include it in the zip file.

My ioReg output is included + my new efi folder + the ssdt/dsdt

thank you for the help!

Attachments

• kebuder.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
Hi,

i have been trying to get audio and graphics working. I tried multiple things and i think i made it a mess. Going to redo the whole installation soon i think.

I was also trying to compile my ssdt and dsdt. i followed your tutorial and got the aml files through the f4 button in clover. then i decompiled them with the terminal command as shown in the tutorial. i got the dsdt and all but 1 ssdt compiling. ssdt-11 is not working. its the preftune intel ssdt. error: parseop-Integer syntax error. I will include it in the zip file.

My ioReg output is included + my new efi folder + the ssdt/dsdt

thank you for the help!

Your FakeID/IntelGFX is not even syntactically correct. It is also not needed at all. Remove.

Try the ig-platform-id I mentioned previously.

Keep in mind you will need to set DVMT-prealloc (read the FAQ).

Get graphics and power management working before you start working on other things (audio, for example).

Your config.plist specifies no SMBIOS.

Your Clover/kexts has no kexts... As a result, you won't be able to boot the installer or recovery partitions.

Your ioreg shows using a FakeID of 0x191b0000. It is an invalid device-id and only serves to disable the graphics drivers.

If you use refs.txt (as per ACPI patching guide), you won't have the errors in SSDT-11.dsl.

Your FakeID/IntelGFX is not even syntactically correct. It is also not needed at all. Remove.

Try the ig-platform-id I mentioned previously.

Keep in mind you will need to set DVMT-prealloc (read the FAQ).

Get graphics and power management working before you start working on other things (audio, for example).

Your config.plist specifies no SMBIOS.

Your Clover/kexts has no kexts... As a result, you won't be able to boot the installer or recovery partitions.

Your ioreg shows using a FakeID of 0x191b0000. It is an invalid device-id and only serves to disable the graphics drivers.

If you use refs.txt (as per ACPI patching guide), you won't have the errors in SSDT-11.dsl.

Thanks for the Help,
I removed the fakeid and changed the ig-platform-id to the one you speficied. But now it wont boot. Is thuis due to the dmvt-prealloc? I cant set it in BIOS but there should be a custom BIOS out soon. Ill include the verbose photo:
7EARKrB.jpg

Thanks for the Help,
I removed the fakeid and changed the ig-platform-id to the one you speficied. But now it wont boot. Is thuis due to the dmvt-prealloc? I cant set it in BIOS but there should be a custom BIOS out soon. Ill include the verbose photo:

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as required?

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as required?

I'm busy modding my bios with the help of the p650re forum. There is no custom prema bios mod yet so i need to do it myself.
in the meantime i can look at the powermanagement. What smbios do you recommend me using?
Also for my knowledge: When you fetch your .aml files, fix all the errors(as to your guide) and put them in the acpi/patched folder of the efi. Does that automaticaly loads them in? or do i need to drop the ssdt and dsdt?
When the dsdt and ssdt are loaded and no patches are applied, does the mac work exactly the same as without them loaded or not?

just to understand what i'm doing :p

I'm busy modding my bios with the help of the p650re forum. There is no custom prema bios mod yet so i need to do it myself.
in the meantime i can look at the powermanagement. What smbios do you recommend me using?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...01-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Also for my knowledge: When you fetch your .aml files, fix all the errors(as to your guide) and put them in the acpi/patched folder of the efi. Does that automaticaly loads them in? or do i need to drop the ssdt and dsdt?

The use of DropOem and ACPI/patched is covered in the guide.

When the dsdt and ssdt are loaded and no patches are applied, does the mac work exactly the same as without them loaded or not?

No effect with unpatched ACPI files in ACPI/patched.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...01-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

The use of DropOem and ACPI/patched is covered in the guide.

No effect with unpatched ACPI files in ACPI/patched.

Hi RehabMan,

I set the DVMT-prealloc to 128mb. Also removed the fakeId as you said and used the ig-platform-id you specified.
Problem is, i cant boot anymore. It crashes at the same line as in the photo i posted earlier. I tried booting from the usb installer
and that also does not work.

Included the USB EFI folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 55
Hi RehabMan,

I set the DVMT-prealloc to 128mb. Also removed the fakeId as you said and used the ig-platform-id you specified.
Problem is, i cant boot anymore. It crashes at the same line as in the photo i posted earlier. I tried booting from the usb installer
and that also does not work.

Included the USB EFI folder.

Your config.plist is corrupt.

Never use a text editor to edit config.plist. Always a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Your config.plist is corrupt.

Never use a text editor to edit config.plist. Always a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Thanks, ill try it when i'm home. I hope you are not getting to much fed up with me :p making so many noob mistakes.
Oh well i'm learning with every mistake.

thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back