Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, Im trying to get osx on my new PC obviously but im running into a wall. I have installed osx on an optiplex 755 before with no problems. this is really driving me mad.

I have an a-data SSD in my computer that is the boot disk. I can get through all the steps loading iboot and the like, getting into the osx install gui. From there I can go into disk utilitly and the only thing showing is the install disk. It wont show the SSD. The 2nd time I tried it did read the disk and then I did the install and it failed in the middle. I reformatted the disk and tried again, only upon loading it was back to not seeing the disk.

I have taken the disk and put it into my macbook and Im currently installing osx on the adata with the same install disc also, only on the macbook. The strange thing is, when I booted into the install disk, it showed the adata and with the formatting I had just done over on the pc, with the name and everything. I am installing to that partition now.

could there be a reason the osx install only sees the drive sometimes? can I take my fresh install from the macbook and try to boot the pc off that?

components of my pc are as follows

asus mobo- p7p55d-e
g.skill ripjaws 4gb (2x2GB)
intel i5 760
EVGA geforce 210

thanks for any help.

Hey kadernal,

my first installation (but with an old fashion HDD) revealed the same problem. I searched a bit and found out, that I forgot to change SATA mode back to AHCI in the Bios after flashing it. That solved my problem.

Regarding putting your Macbook installation in to you hackintosh: I'd guess you can't damage anything so maybe if you are able to boot this thing with an iBoot disc, you can install the bootloader etc. with MultiBeast. I'd say: just try it! :)

Bye,
yrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back