Asus Nvidia gtx770 x2 (SLI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

This is the first time I attempt build a hackintosh, but it has gone quite smoothly so far. Except one issue, the hdd that I have installed Mavericks on doesn't want to boot, when I start up it does the "| / - \"-animation then just continue to the next drive (which is windows).

I began by patching my BIOS with ompatcher, used the ASUS flashback tool to flash it. I then installed Mavericks using unibeast USB following the guide on this site. After that I installed Chimera and the drivers included when choosing easyBeast in multibeast (FakeSMC etc).

I can still boot with my unibeast USB drive without problems.

Any idea why this is? I might have missed something...

My system:
Intel Core i5-4670K
32Gb 1866Mhz Corsair
ASUS Sabertooth Z87 (now with BIOS version 1405)
2 x nVidia gtx770 (SLI)

Worth mentioning is also that I had Windows installed since before on a SSD.

Do you have the controller the boot drive is on set to AHCI in the bios?

Edit: To clarify if its set to IDE it wont work IIRC.

Hello and thanks for the quick replies,

Yes, the data controller is set to AHCI. And it is the first on the prio list, in fact the same thing happens if I choose the HDD from the boot menu (by pressing F8).

I formatted the HDD to GPT, that should be correct yes?

I just tried installing chimera 2.2.1 using multibeast - Mavericks 6.0.0 again, just to be sure I used to correct version -- same thing.

I´m also having boot issues, nothing that makes me mad at all... i´m using a Sabertooth P67 MB (Not ideal for a hackintosh), and Mavericks is working perfectly. I had sound problems with Lion, but I had it working in 5 minutes with the new multibeast.:headbang:
I have a dual boot system with Windows 8.1/Mavericks. I´m still booting from the USB drive, but that´s ok for me. :)

Hello and thanks yet again,

I tries both disabling the other disks and the boot0 fix. No luck yet. I think I am gonna try reinstalling everything on my spare SSD. The current Mavericks HDD is really really old...

hai friends am trying hackintosh installation for the first time

i had many problems during installation and thanks for helping me, i have read all comments and suggestions so i could install easly..
but few things go wrong..
i cannot boot my maverics installed hdd without the unibeast usb of maverics...
and while i boot with that usb i still need to give " dart=0" then only it boots

could you please help me to do this ?

hai friends am trying hackintosh installation for the first time

i had many problems during installation and thanks for helping me, i have read all comments and suggestions so i could install easly..
but few things go wrong..
i cannot boot my maverics installed hdd without the unibeast usb of maverics...
and while i boot with that usb i still need to give " dart=0" then only it boots

could you please help me to do this ?

Disable VT-D in your BIOS, so you can avoid the flag "dart=0"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back