Contribute
Register

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 on Samsung Galaxy Book 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have doe some photos cause I'm not really good at interpretting things xD
From what i saw, its I2HC something, this mean that i need VoodooI2C kext??
Reporting attached

Your ioreg shows audio working.
If there is no output, then it is possible your patched AppleHDA (XML data) is not compatible with your audio codec.

Note: This ioreg shows VoodooI2C dealing with your trackpad.

These images clearly show I2C, not PS2. VoodooPS2Controller.kext has nothing to do with I2C.
Ok nice! But for some reason i get trackpad working (even without sys pref) with the Voodoops2kext.

Your ioreg shows audio working.
If there is no output, then it is possible your patched AppleHDA (XML data) is not compatible with your audio codec.

Note: This ioreg shows VoodooI2C dealing with your trackpad.
Yeah i have installed that i2c to try the pen pressure and how it work

For audio what could i do? Someone told me to make dump coded from linux. Ive don it, but im really still noob and ive looked the text files and values. But i couldnt apply on the reality.

Ok nice! But for some reason i get trackpad working (even without sys pref) with the Voodoops2kext.

The ioreg you provided previously has no sign of any PS2 trackpad being handled by VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.
The ioreg you provided recently shows it being handled by VoodooI2C.kext.
The ioreg never lies.

For audio what could i do? Someone told me to make dump coded from linux. Ive don it, but im really still noob and ive looked the text files and values. But i couldnt apply on the reality.

You will need to learn about AppleHDA patching.

The ioreg you provided previously has no sign of any PS2 trackpad being handled by VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.
The ioreg you provided recently shows it being handled by VoodooI2C.kext.
The ioreg never lies.

You will need to learn about AppleHDA patching.
Thanks!
I ve looked both the Battery and Brightness problem on the FAQ.
Im still very noob and animal to edit DSDT. Do you think for the Galaxy Book (12inch), do you have yet some patches for another laptop that could work with this battery?? Battery is SR Real Battery from Samsung 400040 mWh serial nm 123456789
i couldn't find any patch on the repository, but may better ask and u could think of it :)

Updated post #1

For Brightness

I patched the DSDT applying Brightness Fix and by Putting the IntelBacklight.kext into Other
After boot, the FN keys now Works, but same as Audio, Brightness still same if i down or up
So i tried loading only with AppleBacklight.kext and no DSDT Patches or such other stuff.
If i go in SYSPREFS no sliders or such Brightness related things showing up.
Problem Reporting Files Attached

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Thanks!
I ve looked both the Battery and Brightness problem on the FAQ.
Im still very noob and animal to edit DSDT. Do you think for the Galaxy Book (12inch), do you have yet some patches for another laptop that could work with this battery?? Battery is SR Real Battery from Samsung 400040 mWh serial nm 123456789
i couldn't find any patch on the repository, but may better ask and u could think of it :)

Read the battery guide carefully. There may be an existing patch in the repo already.
For example, one of the existing Samsung patches might work... your DSDT has a 16-bit B1RR, and look:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:battery rehabman$ grep -l B1RR *.txt
battery_Samsung-NP300E5K-XF3BR.txt
battery_Samsung-NP470R5E.txt
battery_Samsung-RF411.txt
battery_Samsung_NP730U3E_X04IT.txt

Updated post #1

For Brightness

I patched the DSDT applying Brightness Fix and by Putting the IntelBacklight.kext into Other
After boot, the FN keys now Works, but same as Audio, Brightness still same if i down or up
So i tried loading only with AppleBacklight.kext and no DSDT Patches or such other stuff.
If i go in SYSPREFS no sliders or such Brightness related things showing up.
Problem Reporting Files Attached

The ioreg you attached shows IntelBacklight.kext (brightness slider should be showing in sysprefs->displays), which works on 10.11 as long as your system uses the IGPU PWM for backlight (some hardware does not).

Read the battery guide carefully. There may be an existing patch in the repo already.
For example, one of the existing Samsung patches might work... your DSDT has a 16-bit B1RR, and look:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:battery rehabman$ grep -l B1RR *.txt
battery_Samsung-NP300E5K-XF3BR.txt
battery_Samsung-NP470R5E.txt
battery_Samsung-RF411.txt
battery_Samsung_NP730U3E_X04IT.txt

The ioreg you attached shows IntelBacklight.kext (brightness slider should be showing in sysprefs->displays), which works on 10.11 as long as your system uses the IGPU PWM for backlight (some hardware does not).
Thanks!
Ill check for battery after work.
For brightness i can say that the PWM, the screen has pwm but i tested

" After installing ACPIBacklight.kext rebooting with the brightness patch in place,you should have an operational brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays. Keyboard control over backlight is a separate issue.

If your backlight control is not working, it could be due to one or more issues:
- incorrect patch applied
- a previous PNLF patch has been applied to DSDT
- Clover is providing PNLF in DSDT (avoid AddPNLF in ACPI/DSDT/Fixes)
- you forgot to drop OEM SSDTs (Clover: ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true; Chameleon DropSSDT=Yes)
- renames were not balanced causing OS X to ignore one or more SSDTs
- there are duplicate _DSM methods causing OS X to ignore one or more SSDTs
- your DSDT/SSDTs are out-of-sync with your native DSDT/SSDTs files
- you have not disabled a secondary discretegraphics card in a switched configuration (see guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...bling-discrete-graphics-dual-gpu-laptops.html)
- your hardware does not use the IGPU PWMbacklight controls

To determine if your hardware uses the PWM backlight controls, temporarily remove ACPIBacklight.kext to use AppleBacklight.kext. If the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays works (check both before and after display sleep), then your laptop uses the backlight registers and the cause is one of the others mentioned above.

If it does not work, then your laptop doesn't use the backlight registers. In that case, try "Brightness Fix", which will cause ACPIBacklight.kext to use the OEM methods (most of the time, the OEM methods do not work). If your OEM methods actually work (with "Brightness Fix"), you may be able to use "Brightness Fix (ACPI 100)" for smoother transitions and more backlight levels. "

This is what i saw from guide
If i remove apcibacklight and try only with applebacklight kext , sys pref and fn dont work (no sliders, no brightness adjustment) so this mean i have no backlight registers. Btw my screen is an amoled

For brightness i can say that the PWM, the screen has pwm but i tested

No idea what you are trying to say.

" After installing ACPIBacklight.kext rebooting with the brightness patch in place,you should have an operational brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays. Keyboard control over backlight is a separate issue.

You installed IntelBacklight.kext... ACPIBacklight.kext is not active.

This is what i saw from guide
If i remove apcibacklight and try only with applebacklight kext , sys pref and fn dont work (no sliders, no brightness adjustment) so this mean i have no backlight registers.

For using AppleBacklight.kext, read guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

And you didn't provide "Problem Reporting" files that represent your various attempts (you provided only with IntelBacklight.kext).

Btw my screen is an amoled

It is unlikely to use IGPU PWM.
You will need to use ACPIBacklight.kext + the appropriate ACPI patch (try "Brightness Fix (ACPI 100)").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back