Graphics
Hd 4600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've searched hard for answers to this issue that I'm facing, but I have not found a resolution. I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

The error from iTunes 11.1.4 is "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. This device is no longer connected". My iPad 3 was simultaneously beeping while connected. (My iPhone 5s syncs up just fine. Both are running on iOS 7.0.4)

What I've tried so far:

1) Re-installed iTunes
2) Deleted file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist
3) Tried connecting my devices to the front and rear usb 3.0 ports
4) Resetting and powering off my iPad 3
5) Booting with -v

Please advise...

...hmmm...so this must be a rare issue then that nobody has encountered?

Really stoked...I fixed the problem. I can now successfully connect both my iPhone 5s and my iPad 3.
Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 6.45.16 PM.png

If someone would care to know the resolution, I can share.

Having the same issue, would you please tell me what your solution was. Thanks

Hi mate, I am having the same problem, could you please let me know how you fixed it.

Much obliged.

I've got the same problem too. Please say how you managed to fix it, I'm pulling my hair out. :banghead:

I managed to fix this by;

a) Using a genuine cable rather than a cheap copy.
b) Testing each usb port on the computer. I found two ports on the back of the computer which work alternatively. It some times changes between the two if i reboot the computer.

I still occasionally get a message saying that i am using an unknown device, but aside from that it syncs, and updates etc as you would expect.

b.t.w. This has been the case with 10.9.1 10.9.2 and 10.9.3. Using each updated version of iTunes through to 11.2.2

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back