evga gt640 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
SOLVED : OSX 10.8.3 will hang at white screen after bootloader z77 ds3h

hi guys, this is my first hackintosh build i have been following the guides posted and stuck strictly to their methods however i still cannot get a stable operating system, last night i finally managed to get the boot loader to stick without using unibeast and was working great apart from needing to install the intel hd4000 drivers every reboot.

i connected a gt640 this morning and it still loads the os but then hangs on a white screen afterwards.

- is there anyway to undo multibeast on the osx so i can remove hd4000 drivers then install 10.8.3 nvidia patch for gt640
- maybe a compatability issue with 10.8.3?
i used unibeast 1.7 + multibeast 5.3.1 ive got a rev7 gigabyte z77 ds3h

edit: darwin/86 boot v5.0.132 - chimera v2.0.1 r2109

thanks guys any input would help

SOLVED
run -f at boot loader will Ignore kext caches during bootup

ive tried booting in -x with the gpu in and it hangs on white screen then without the gpu it hangs on the spinning logo

edit. managed to get to the login screen but mouse and keyboard are not working

i used unibeast 1.7 + multibeast 5.3.1 ive got a rev7 gigabyte z77 ds3h

Where did you get a "rev7" version of this board? The Gigabyte website only lists 1.0 and 1.1 revisions - you must have some well placed friends :).

Which BIOS ver are you using? Which golden build guide(s) did you use? What BIOS & MB v5.3.1 options did you use? Without these details, trying to offer assistance is like PitW.

I've got a rev 1.0 version of this board & i5-3570K (HD4000) and installed 10.8.3 multiple times, all successfully. Suggest that you remove the Gfx card and get it stable with HD4000 before using the dGPU card. Once stable, make a TM or CCC backup. You can even make a 10GB partition on your main HDD and use that for the TM partition. If you trash your install, boot from the USB stick and do a TM recovery.

Make sure you're using USB 2.0 ports for install & peripherals (keyboard, mouse, etc.). Also use DVI connections w/o any adapters (no VGA).

Really appreciate the help peeps and sorry to mislead on the rev version its 1.1
I have been using usb mouse and keyboard , thankfully its solved.

i flagged -f and -x to get on the main screen then installed suitable drivers

realised the 640 is just not as good as i wanted so ive just brought a 660 to fit in there hopefully boarderlands will run smoother

I had this same problem, but I was using GTX 670. Even with -f and -f -x it would still hang at the white screen. To fix the problem for my system, I had to do the following.

1. Remove the GTX 670 and plug monitor into motherboard.
2. Booting up with no GTX 670 got me to the OS X login screen.
3. Run MultiBeast again, this time expanding Customization, Boot Options to select both "GraphicsEnabler=No" and "1080p Display."
4. Put the GTX 670 back in and plug monitor into it.
5. Starting up will now take me to the OS X login screen while using the GTX 670 card.

So if anyone else gets finds this topic because you get stuck on that white screen, this is another potential way to solve your problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back