Graphics
Geforce 470 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Seems like there is no definitive list of OSX Compatible (or incompatible) Mice to be found easily. I just ran into issues with my Logitech G5 Gaming mouse. Weird things like dock labels / animation not working and not being able to "show" a hidden dock. Context highlight menus not working. Not getting proper cursor pointers when mousing over links or text in Safari. No mouse capture in Oracle Virtual Box. Not getting the context scale/rotate handles when mousing over objects in applications like QuarkXpress, Illustrator, etc. Just glitchy little annoyances.

After reading numerous forums, posts, etc about people having similar problems I determined it was an incompatibility with my Logitech G5 Laser Mouse and 10.8.2. Replaced the mouse with a wireless Logitech m510 and all problems vanished. I've seen lots of people make assumptions also that all USB mice are compatible which isn't necessarily true. Or am I mistaken and just had a bad mouse?

Anyway, thought I'd post this in case it helps someone from pulling their hair out like I did.

Nobody ever answered you about the G5. I also have a G5 I am hoping to use with my build. I guess I'll find out when I get it done if the mouse will work or if I'll have to find another.

I've never had problems with OS X and many mice, although some of the non-standard features (extra buttons, etc) won't work without extra drivers.
Does Logitech have OS X software for that mouse? (usually part of the Logitech Control Center SysPrefs extension)

Sorry for the late reply, but no I never got the G5 working.

@speedracer76:
I have a Logitech G500 at home and it works like a charm on 10.8, and is a nice upgrade from the G5. The extra buttons work also. Not sure if this is because the mouse is natively supported, or the programming I performed in the Logitech driver when booted in Windows is stored in the mouse. If the latter, then just assign keystrokes to the buttons in Windows. The only game I tested it with was Left 4 Dead 2 which worked like a charm. The steam cloud synced the assigned keystrokes from the Windows installation to the Mac and they worked perfectly.

@DBP:
I saw no software at Logitech for OSX for the G5.

use apple mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back