ATI 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

My Hackintosh was perfectly running Leopard since 2008 and I was not hoping to be able to upgrade it one day until I discovered this site ;)

So, I gave it a try with the following steps :
- Install with Unibeast following exactly the method
- Post-install : DSDT patched with Olarila.com tools (DSDT editor & EP45-DS3 patch) and minimal selection on Multibeast per tutorial
- Installation of D-Link DWA-140 wifi adapter driver for Lion
- Ethernet EFI string added for Appstore and iCloud login fix per Mak 1's tutorial

And... Everything works so far :thumbup: :thumbup:
I did not try sleep, but I have some doubts about this feature. No issue with CMOS clear, reboot and shutdown work perfectly.

The only issue remaining is display in 1024x768 only due to ATI 3870 GPU not correctly supported by Lion. Apparently, there is no solution for this one, so I have ordered an ATI 6870 that should arrive tomorrow and is normally supported without further effort :)

I will update this topic as soon as I have done further tests with the ATI 6870 GPU.

Congratulations for this great site and all the work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Update !!!

My ATI 6870 GPU arrived today. I opened the case, plugged the card and restarted the hackintosh.

To make the display work properly, I had to do... Absolutely nothing !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
It was automatically detected with the correct resolution :headbang:

Now, I will perform a final install of Lion on the main partition just like I did for the test.
Just perfect :thumbup:

Out of curiosity what selection did you use on Multibeast?

I did pretty much the same as in the UniBeast Install tutorial and checked the following :
- User DSDT
- System Utilities
- 3rd Party SATA
- Lnx2Max Realtek 8xxx drivers
- Customization Mac Pro 3.1, however not sure it is necessary
- OSX86 Software

I do not need built-in audio as I use an external USB interface

Hi Thierry_25,
I have the same motherboard and I think the same graphics card.
Can you tell me what temperature does your machine?
You know what are the kexts that you have installed?

My machine is in the ignition internal 30 ° and when I open safari is set to 50 °, and I think a lot.

regards

Thierry_25 said:
- Post-install : DSDT patched with Olarila.com tools (DSDT editor & EP45-DS3 patch) and minimal selection on Multibeast per tutorial

... No issue with CMOS clear, reboot and shutdown work perfectly.

Hi Thierry,

thanks for this documentation! I have the same board and after a while of Try and Error a nearly perfect Lion, too.

I had installed with Multibeast a patched .aml from x86.org without 3rd Party SATA.

Restart is working, but no sleep und no Shutdown. Sleep is not really important, but Shut Down must work. When ShutDown is at the end the Power Supply does not switch off.

Do you have an idea for me?

Kind Regards

clavis

Thierry_25 said:
Hi,

Can you upload your dsdt please? I would be very helpful. No way getting audio working, and I think that my problem is the dsdt.

Edit: No need, got it working ;)

clavis said:
Restart is working, but no sleep und no Shutdown. Sleep is not really important, but Shut Down must work. When ShutDown is at the end the Power Supply does not switch off.

Do you have an idea for me?

Kind Regards

clavis

Attach your DSDT as a zip file and i'll have a look on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back