Graphics
ATI 5470 mobility
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I wanted to share that indeed the Sapphire HD 5570 can be used with full QE/CI on Snow Leopard. My specs are are follows:

Intel i5 650
GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard rev 2.0 F11
8 gigs Geil Ram DDR3 1333 (2x4 gig)
WD 500 gig SATA drive
Samsung (TSST Corp) SH-223q DL DVD/RW drive
Edimax EW-7711UMN mini W/Lan (ralink)

64 bit system

I did a clean install of 10.6.0 using the onboard graphics of the i5 CPU. I had to install and boot using busratio=24 CPUS=1 flags. Then used Multibeast to install my DSDT, SATA, Audio, and USB 3 kexts, then I did a Time Machine backup of the working system.

Then I did the following to update to 10.6.7: (thanks to this link viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23704):

A. Remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder.
B. In Terminal, type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
C. Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache. If multibeast fails, install kext utility from multibeast and then run that from your applications.
D. Reboot and update using Combo Update, which I had already downloaded (still keeping the iboot disk in the drive)
E. Don't restart after update. Run multibeast again and select easybeast + run and install chimera. Once chimera is done installing, reboot your computer after you remove the iboot disk from the cd drive.

One difficult part was getting the audio to work. I had to go into the BIOS and disable the audio BEFORE installing the Audio kext with Multibeast. Then reboot, and noticed it's still not working, then, reboot again, enable the audio in the BIOS and boot into SL, and see that audio is working. Others may not experience this problem.

Front Row, Garage Band and Logic Studio 9 are all working fine on this system.

drummer10630 did you try install sapphire hd 5570 on 10.6.8?

szu said:
drummer10630 did you try install sapphire hd 5570 on 10.6.8?

Not yet, but I may have to if I ever want to install Lion...

It's working on 10.6.8 as well. I have to set my resolution to 1280x1024 or 1344x1008 as it wont accept anything higher giving the error "out of range". Although my monitor works best at 1440x900, it's not a choice in the drop down menu. I might try to add that line to my com.apple.plist and see if it will "take" it?

It's working OOB in Lion at 1440x900

32, and 64
GraphicsEnabler=no

drummer10630 said:
It's working OOB in Lion at 1440x900

32, and 64
GraphicsEnabler=no

Wicked stuff indeed, dude!

You mentioned getting Audio to work in your original post, is that working via HDMI on your HD 5570 card?

Cheers!

j.

Haven't tested HDMI, just using the on board audio output from the motherboard

Hey. can you guys post your cinebench 11.5 score of the 5570??

They guy on this site says he's getting 36fps. And thats around what im getting on my 5770.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/29668 ... 570-review.

If this card can really score that well: then thats one heck of a card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back