Contribute
Register

OSX 10.10.3 Update // video turns off after apple logo appears on startup [BLACK SCREEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Customac
CPU
3.8 GHz i7 Intel Chip
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I am using CLOVER. Has been running smooth for months until I updated to OSX 10.10.3 yesterday. After a fresh restart, the video driver/card (I'm not sure the issue, but I suspect a few simple key commands would correct this?) simply shuts off as the apple logo finishes loading (video clip HERE). I know that everything else is functioning properly because after a few min of the black screen my Pandora radio starts playing (so the desktop loads, just loosing some connection with the screen at some point in the start-up/load process).

NOTE: I know the screen is ok because the machine starts just fine in "safe mode". I've also swapped out 3 diff video cards to confirm the card is not the issue. Same issue with all 3 cards. I'm certain it is a software/driver issue...

I know this is probably a very easy fix, I am just not very knowledgeable of what "key commands" or prompts to use to get the video card driver functioning as it should. My tech-guy who usually fixes issues like these I remember him doing some quick "key commands" and BOOM! We were good to go however, he is currently un-reachable so I'm trying to get this rolling by myself.

Once again, here's the 10 sec video clip of what I am getting... HERE

THANK YOU kindly for any support you can provide.

Boot into your system using the safe mode.

At the desktop, run the terminal app with this command " sudo diskutil repairPermissions / "
which will repair permissions. Then reboot normally.

Depending upon how your Clover is configured, you may need to re-install your audio fix.

or

You can restore you system with your backup.

Good modding,
neil

...I suspect a few simple key commands would correct this?) simply shuts off as the apple logo finishes loading (video clip HERE).

Once again, here's the 10 sec video clip of what I am getting... HERE

Don't use the appreciated links on this forum as they're flagged by our SPAM filters. TIA. (I've replaced them with the actual links.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back