CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have the famous "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged"

Background:

Before I had installed macOS 10.13.1 that ran without a problem, without weird errors. So I decided to make a clean install of 10.13.2, I downloaded the latest macOS using AppStore (at first it downloaded like 19 MB after that I started the installation and when it downloaded all the files right before reboot I quit the installer and I did make a new folder inside the OS X Installer called SharedSupport where I copied the downloaded files by the Installer)

then I made the USB using createinstallmedia then installed the latest Clover, put my kexts and config.plist in place and rebooted. I erased the SSD using Disk Utility, then I selected the disk to install macOS. It took 30 seconds the installation (strange I know) and after reboot I booted from SSD and I get that error regarding "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged"

I tried:

- Clear NVRAM using Clover,
- Update all kexts to the latest version
- Check USB for errors

I think that the 19 MB installer and the copied frankenstein thing ****** up the installer.

@Euro321, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back