Contribute
Register

OS X Yosemite Installer does not show my HDD in the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3 3220
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OS X Yosemite Installer does not show my internal Hard Drive in the installer.

I have successfully managed to create the USB bootloader for OS X Yosemite and I have been able to use it to get to the OS installation stage on my PC. I have used Windows 7 to create a partition on my PC's internal hard drive so that I can install OS X on it and currently this partition is formatted as NTFS. The problem I am having is that when I get to the Yosemite Installer through my USB bootloader, I can get past language selection and agreeing to the terms and conditions but when I go to choose the disk on which I install OS X, neither Disk C: or the separate partition I created is visible, my internal hard drive is not visible at all. Only the USB bootloader can be seen. This is the same for when I go onto disk utility through the installer, the HDD partitions can not be seen, again there is only the USB stick. Is it actually at all possible to install OS X on an internal hard drive partition or is there something I have been doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gigabyte H61m-HD2 (Only has SATA 2)
Intel Core i3 3220
Western Digital 500gb SATA 3 HDD

i have the same problem. OS X Yosemite Installer isn't showing any of my HDD.Does anyone know what i can do?

HP z400
W3680 @3.33GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

i have the same problem. OS X Yosemite Installer isn't showing any of my HDD.Does anyone know what i can do?

HP z400
W3680 @3.33GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

Check for the BIOS options. Especially set the SATA Emulation/Mode as AHCI not RAID

tnx for the advice. I'll try it tomorow then i have a back-up laptop to follow the the rest of the instructions and to find more solutions if something is not installing correct.

I have a Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G. Could this disk form any problem? i can't find it in the buyer's guide. And my other drive is a Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001-1ER164.

I have a Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256G. Could this disk form any problem? i can't find it in the buyer's guide. And my other drive is a Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001-1ER164.

As you have another HDD try with that too. As i mentioned above check the BIOS settings, that important here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back