Contribute
Register

OS X Won't Boot, wifi/Bluetooth card bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4430s
CPU
Intel Core i5-2410M
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Out of the blue a few days ago my HP Probook 4430s stopped booting. I've been trying to fix it for a few days but I've had no luck. I think it has to do with the wifi/Bluetooth card. I tried installing my old Atheros card that had went bad and all the Bluetooth stuff seemed to have booted just fine, but the boot hung at "NTFS volume name , version 3.1." So now I have the wifi card I've had in for a few months that has worked just fine, and the boot up eventually gets flooded with ATHR: Unknown locale error. I was thinking to just get a new wifi card but I was going to get others input first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 128
Out of the blue a few days ago my HP Probook 4430s stopped booting. I've been trying to fix it for a few days but I've had no luck. I think it has to do with the wifi/Bluetooth card. I tried installing my old Atheros card that had went bad and all the Bluetooth stuff seemed to have booted just fine, but the boot hung at "NTFS volume name , version 3.1." So now I have the wifi card I've had in for a few months that has worked just fine, and the boot up eventually gets flooded with ATHR: Unknown locale error. I was thinking to just get a new wifi card but I was going to get others input first.

Likely to be something else.

BT/WiFi issues will generally not stop boot.

Plug in an HDMI monitor.

Likely to be something else.

BT/WiFi issues will generally not stop boot.

Plug in an HDMI monitor.

Tried plugging one in and booting. Same thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 100
Tried plugging one in and booting. Same thing.

If you think it is WiFi related, remove the hardware... see what happens.

If you think it is WiFi related, remove the hardware... see what happens.
Permissions problem? Kext? I don't know. Here's where it stops with the hardware out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
FakeSMC is not loading.
How can I get it to load? I tried booting with the -s flag and using kextload to load it, but it won't load because of an invalid signature.

You were right. I didn't have the latest clover installed on my computer or USB drive. I created a new USB with the latest clover and copied my config.plist to it, adding the code to partially disable SIP. It booted, but very roughly it looked like. Then updated my computer's clover and it works like a charm. Only problem was no audio, which was fixed by nguyenmac's step in his guide. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back