Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Xiaomi Air 13
CPU
Intel i5-6200u
Graphics
Intel HD 520
Hi

If i disable legacy boot completely as shown in the picture (enabled there) i can't boot os x but windows does boot (Clover bootloader).

It would be nice to disable it completely to have faster boot times and less text when loading the bios.

Verbose mode shows only the first 2 lines of os x booting. The USB installer doesn't boot either.

Does someone know if there is a fix for this? I ask this not because of the faster boot times but sometimes the bios does a hardware checkup which is time consuming.

Thanks

IMG_0226.JPG.jpeg

Hi

If i disable legacy boot completely as shown in the picture (enabled there) i can't boot os x but windows does boot (Clover bootloader).

It would be nice to disable it completely to have faster boot times and less text when loading the bios.

Verbose mode shows only the first 2 lines of os x booting. The USB installer doesn't boot either.

Does someone know if there is a fix for this? I ask this not because of the faster boot times but sometimes the bios does a hardware checkup which is time consuming.

Thanks

View attachment 185331

Generally you need to have CSM enabled. Sometimes CSM is bundled with legacy boot.

It seems like it that disabling the onboard nic 4 and 6 and removing the Windows boot manager solves the occasional hardware checkup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back