Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
After I've installed the latest Mac OS X Update 10.10.4, I try to use the new feature 'trimforce', and everything goes well but the all my hard disks appears as 'external devices'.

I've tried to reinstall the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA kexts, reinstalling the DSDT.aml, try to build my own Info.plist for the kext, but nothing changes. So I've go back the trimforce (sudo trimforce disable) and installed the MultiBeast 10.10.3 TRIM Enabler.

Any kind of suggestion? or just must wait until a new version of MultiBeast? :)

Thanks in advance.

My Motherboard: GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 F8

Same problem here on an old easybeast hack with an Asus P5P43TD mobo. If you right click they dont give the eject option so I'm guessing they must be internal but they show as orange. I even tried changing the icon but it won't do that either. Any clues?...

Same here, tried several settings and internal disk still showing as external.

Otherwise, all seems to be working fine.

Don't suppose you are both running Easybeast Hackintoshes? reason I ask is that I updated my main machine this morning which uses a DSDT and it sailed through without issue. As yet I haven't even had to update LAN or audio kexts and the Trimforce enable command has worked without turning the drive icons to external...

Don't suppose you are both running Easybeast Hackintoshes? reason I ask is that I updated my main machine this morning which uses a DSDT and it sailed through without issue. As yet I haven't even had to update LAN or audio kexts and the Trimforce enable command has worked without turning the drive icons to external...

I'm using DSDT as well with Chimera 4.1, but I need to use the hacked kexts (install multibeast after each installation, just for audio, network and trim). I think that your kind of experience depends of the hardware which you have in your main PC, or I've made a wrong installation from maybe?

Thanks anyway for your reply, is a good reference btw :thumbup:

Anyone got a solution for this??

I'm having same issue here. Updated to 10.10.4 and ran trimforce then my internal disks is showing like external ones. If I go to System Information it's showing Removable Media = Yes.

Tried to reinstall IOAHCIBlockInjector kext, 3rd Party SATA kext, deleted them, ran Kext Utility, boot with -f flag... no results.

I too am having this problem. In addition, Time Machine placed all of my drives (because they are marked external) on its exclusion list. I removed them from the list and backups of the drives resumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back