Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My boot takes around a minute to two, which is pretty slow (compared to Windows 8.1, which takes 4 seconds, as I'm using SSD).

The OS X experience itself is also a bit slow. When I boot, things take time to load. For example, the desktop would show, then the task bar, then after a few seconds the Dock. Things load slowly at start up, I have to wait a few minutes before the OS X is "heated" and ready to work.

What do you think I can do to fast it by a bit? This is a fresh installation, vanilla.

Best regards.

whats your hardware? can you put it on your profile and a signature aswel

whats your hardware? can you put it on your profile and a signature aswel

It is on my profile. However, there weren't too many options. Here's the full list:

Motherboard: Asus H97M-E.
Processor: Intel Core i5-4590.
RAM: 4GB (soon upgrading to 8GB).
HDD: Windows is installed on my SSD, currently using an old HDD. I doubt that's what causing the slowness.
Graphics Card: CPU integrated (Intel HD Graphics 4600).

Have you applied the fixes for the 9-series motherboards with integrated video?

Have you applied the fixes for the 9-series motherboards with integrated video?

Yep, or else I wouldn't be able to boot (only in Safe Mode). I still can't use my second monitor, though, it's flickering. But that's another issue.

So since you've applied the graphics and audio patches I would say it is the hdd drive it's like putting cheap hub caps on a Ferrari in general hdds are slow make a super duper clone of the drive onto a new ssd drive then bless it with a boot loader

So since you've applied the graphics and audio patches I would say it is the hdd drive it's like putting cheap hub caps on a Ferrari in general hdds are slow make a super duper clone of the drive onto a new ssd drive then bless it with a boot loader

Is it possible to "move" the OS X onto a formatted SSD? I don't want a fresh install.

Is it possible to "move" the OS X onto a formatted SSD? I don't want a fresh install.
Yes use super duper to clone the drive free handy drive cloner a Google search should pull it so clone the drive then install a boot loader on to it cloning doesn't clone the boot sector

Yes use super duper to clone the drive free handy drive cloner a Google search should pull it so clone the drive then install a boot loader on to it cloning doesn't clone the boot sector

Hey, just moved it to my SSD and it's super fast! Thanks!

About my monitor issue - my main monitor that's working is connected through DVI and the external one is connected through VGA.

EDIT: It's not flickering. It's just showing the same output as the first monitor, instead of "expanding it", but it shows it in a... weird way. Like it's... not showing the output correctly. How would I go on fixing the output + making it EXPAND the OS X instead of showing the same output?

Hey, just moved it to my SSD and it's super fast! Thanks!

About my monitor issue - my main monitor that's working is connected through DVI and the external one is connected through VGA.

EDIT: It's not flickering. It's just showing the same output as the first monitor, instead of "expanding it", but it shows it in a... weird way. Like it's... not showing the output correctly. How would I go on fixing the output + making it EXPAND the OS X instead of showing the same output?
VGA is not supported in Mac os x so that's your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back