GTX 960 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Hi,

Around 2 weeks ago I installed Mavericks on my Probook 6460B and there is one thing I'm concerned about - sometimes it's rather laggy. Here is the list of things that are not as smooth as I think they should be:
- resizing windows - this is the worst thing and it looks really bad. It's laggy also when I click a green resizing button
- going to Mission Control - it's often good, but sometimes it's not smooth
- showing desktop - the moment when all windos go away to the corners is sometimes not smooth
- scrolling through pdf/websites
- moving through 'pages' in Launchpad

As I said those things don't happen all the time. Sometimes it is not so bad.

What can I do to improve it? Windows 8.1 works just fine on this laptop. There are no issues with it and resizing windows is without any lag.

Another thing is that I've experienced two freezes since the installation of the OS. It just completely stopped responding and all I could do was moving a mouse and I had to long-press power button.

My 6460b has:
Intel Core i5-2520M
Intel HD 3000
4GB DDR3 RAM

Thanks for all your help!

It could be related about graphic card kext. Maybe wrong kext that you have . I had situation like this it was wrong kext that cause freezeing and not smooth at mission control and etc. Right kext fixed it up for me. But i dont know really well this kext's things. By the way I didn't look IOreg, this is just idea.

I didn't install aby additional kexts, only used Probook Installer Clover Edition to install necessary modifications (as the guide instructed me to do).

I think you want to much, its an hackintosh, it cant be perfect.
You have to deal with some Problems.
I have an 4530s and launchpad is extreme laggy but its okay;)
Dont expect real Mac Performance

I think you want to much, its an hackintosh, it cant be perfect.
You have to deal with some Problems.
I have an 4530s and launchpad is extreme laggy but its okay;)
Dont expect real Mac Performance

Launchpad is not really a big problem, because I don't even use it. Windows resizing is a bigger problem for me. It's really laggy.

Launchpad is not really a big problem, because I don't even use it. Windows resizing is a bigger problem for me. It's really laggy.
It depends on the resized app. It's laggy on FF in myy lap, but not with TextEdit.

It depends on the resized app. It's laggy on FF in myy lap, but not with TextEdit.
On my probook it lags even in Finder (and TextEdit too). Have you found anything 'interesting' in the file I sent?

I've just saw that even moving windows around lags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back