Graphics
gt520
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
can i install os x mountain lion on ASUS P5Q DELUXE mother board ? processor is intel E7500 core2 due , graphic card is NVIDIA BASED ASUS GT 520

I have a motherboard P5Q Deluxe with Mountain Lion. It's runnig perfectly, Ethernet, sound, graphic,.... All the components are perfect, but the sleep don't work.
More information about my system. I hope to help you.
P5Q Deluxe
Q6600
8Gb ddr2
nvidia 9500gs
Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Spain.

How did you get it to install?

I keep getting a black screen and can't access the installer!

How did you get it to install?

I keep getting a black screen and can't access the installer!

ok I am asuming you have made your unibeast usb stick with your downloaded ML.

go into bios, disable all audio,lan,firewire,serial port.
set usb legacy to auto not enabled just auto.
in power options set to S3 AND REPOST S3.
F10 save and exit with Unibeast usb stick in, as machine starts to post press f8, it will take you to boot options screen, select usb, when it boots into you will see your usb and other drives shown select your usb and install will begin, if you encounter problems reboot f8 select usb, once up type in GraphicsEnabler=No if that fails try GraphicsEnabler=yes, once installed get multibeast and install using easy or select with or without dsdt if you have a precompiled dsdt on your desktop.

do not select any of the other options on multibeast as they dont apply to P5Q boards. if you get stuck i will post you the sound kexts and lan kexts + the dsdt.aml for you here, it is an easy and quick install on this board, i would recomend you get a evga GT640 or 650 nvidia card as they work out of the box no kexts etc to install just set the GraphicsEnabler=No in in extra/org.chameleon.Bootlist or select that option in multibeast install.

please find for your use and others on this forum my dsdt.aml all of the audio kexts and the marvell lan kexts all of these work on Snow Leopard Through to current Mountain Lion, the dsdt.aml does have a graphics HDMI edit on it that does work using the original ML apple hda kext on its own but you will only get audio through your TV using the original kext have not figured out how to get normal audio and HDMI to exist together yet with the AD2000B chip that the P5Q DELUXE uses, good luck i hope these help you. :thumbup::beachball:

Attachments

• P5Q DELUXE MOUNTAIN LION PACK.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 723
Hello CLASSIX,

I don't know if you can help, but right now I am willing to try almost anything. I have the same P5Q Deluxe Motherboard, and have been trying to load ML on it. I ran SL for years without any problems, but can't seem to get ML to work. I followed your directions, I had to enter PICRootUID=0 to get the USB to boot to the installer. Once ML installed on the HD, I could boot from the USB into the install. I used Multibeast to install your DSDT on the system, then tried to reboot. Now the system is just stuck in a continual loop, the boot screens pop up so fast you can hardly see them, then the system reboots. If I try to boot up from the USB into the system, it just freezes with the statement PCI Configuration begin. I have tried everything to get it up and running, but nothing seems to work. The only difference I can see between your system and mine is the video card, I have a GeForce 8800 in my system, but everything I have read says that the card should work! Any Ideas?

Thank you for your time,

KNE Palmer

for sure i will help as much as i can, firstly what is the current bios on the P5Q DELUX YOU HAVE ?
secondly in my post notice the use of the evga cards gt640 they run native without any enablers efi strings etc, also the palit gt 210 will work out of box, i suspect you may have an older bios make sure to update it to the latest one, as for anything else the install should go smoothly with the instructions as per my last post if not we will try it step by step. fyi do not use the VGA output on you graphics card, use HDMI or DVI out.

go into bios, disable all audio,lan,firewire,serial port.
set usb legacy to auto not enabled just auto.
in power options set to S3 AND REPOST S3.
F10 save and exit with Unibeast usb stick in, as machine starts to post press f8, it will take you to boot options screen, select usb, when it boots into you will see your usb and other drives shown select your usb and install will begin, if you encounter problems reboot f8 select usb, once up type in GraphicsEnabler=No if that fails try GraphicsEnabler=yes, once installed get multibeast and install using easy or select with or without dsdt if you have a precompiled dsdt on your desktop.

do not select any of the other options on multibeast except graphics enabler=no as they dont apply to P5Q boards.if you forget to set graphics enabler to no go into the extra folder and alter the chameleon.bootlist to reflect it. if you get stuck i will post you the sound kexts and lan kexts + the dsdt.aml for you here, it is an easy and quick install on this board, i would recomend you get a evga GT640 or 650 nvidia card as they work out of the box no kexts etc to install just set the GraphicsEnabler=No in in extra/org.chameleon.Bootlist or select that option in multibeast install.

please find for your use and others on this forum my dsdt.aml all of the audio kexts and the marvell lan kexts all of these work on Snow Leopard Through to current Mountain Lion, the dsdt.aml does have a graphics HDMI edit on it that does work using the original ML apple hda kext on its own but you will only get audio through your TV using the original kext have not figured out how to get normal audio and HDMI to exist together yet with the AD2000B chip that the P5Q DELUXE uses, good luck i hope these help you. :thumbup::beachball:
paperclip.png
Attached Files

also on bios.

make sure you are using AHCI
on the CPU settings disable CPU TM FUNCTION and MAX CPUID, if you dont it will never run.

your bios version should be 2005 if it is not go to asus web site download and install asus update utility if you have a windows installation on same machine, manually download the bios zip file to your comp, run updater and select to update file from wherever you placed the bios zip.

if you do not update to 2005 bios it will be a pain to run SL let alone ML

if this fails I will zip up my entire ML install kexts extra folder etc and make them available to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
CLASSIX, thank you so much for your posts, kexts and dsdt file!

Sadly for me, I still cannot boot into the instaler :( I've set the BIOS like you said we should, tried the GraphicsEnabler on and off,... and I still get a black screen when i boot from the USB (that I created using latest Unibeast)...
Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back