Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GTX 460 v2
I wonder why Apple has moved away from cats for there OS names... Anyway here is my logo suggestion for the new 10.9 OS. There are LOTS of cat breeds to use if they go with domestic cats... got like a hundred years of release names this way. lol

Attachments

• 109-Sphynx1.png
    109-Sphynx1.png
    151 KB · Views: 1,940
Oh man... Apparently 38 people have no sense of humour... Ok if a hairless Egyptian cat is not funny... We'll do it the hard way...

Introducing the new Apple OS X Mavericks Logo...

Attachments

• Maverick.png
    Maverick.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 855
I wonder why Apple has moved away from cats for there OS names... Anyway here is my suggestion for the new 10.9 OS. There are LOTS of cat breads to use if they go with domestic cats... got like a hundred years of release names this way. lol

Did you watch this summer's WWDC? Craig Federighi explained the reason why.

lol yes i did... But I fear the humour has been lost yet again.... :( Maybe it's because I am Canadian and we all have a slightly slanted sense of Humour. (Yes... "Humour" spelled with a "u") IDK I tried...

Wow people! This was supposed to be funny... Guess I struck out.

For some reason my brain does not like the Mavericks (a plural, for what), so there comes into my mind the codename of Ubuntu 10.10 release, the Maverick Meerkat. The animal isn't exactly a cat, but I think it is close enough, and for me 10.9 will always be OS X Meerkat.

Otherwise, what do you think about the other meaning of maverick, i.e. an unbranded calf? An operating system for little cows? Anyone for a poem that starts like "the cattle of Apple" and so on?

Mavericks is an epic Nor Cal surf spot. Not for the faint of heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavericks_(location)

Oh. And it is also a genitive, not a plural. And according to the story, Maverick was a dog. I see Apple switching sides totally.

Cave diving is not a California thing. Otherwise I'd suggest that for their names after they run out of surfing spots. Although they might not want to start with Eagle's Nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back