Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 More Harm then good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaK

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all
Seeing a lot of issues here with 10.9.3 on the forums, it seems this update ruined audio and many other things for many people and other issues, including boot issues.
My friends hack now has no audio either. even while using external usb audio interface

is it not worth it to update?
I might have to format his drive and put back 10.9.2

I think you would be in the minority, it is well worth the update. Broken audio is a well known side effect of updating and is generally a simple fix. Did you repair permissions before the update, reinstall the correct audio driver from Multibeast for the motherboard, reboot and repair permissions again? I don't know anything about external audio devices but the internal sound shouldn't be a huge issue but then again, you've provided no specs for your friends system.

AppleHDA or any other modified kext need to be repatched after most updates as it replaced them with newer versions.Other than that update is very good.

I think you would be in the minority, it is well worth the update. Broken audio is a well known side effect of updating and is generally a simple fix. Did you repair permissions before the update, reinstall the correct audio driver from Multibeast for the motherboard, reboot and repair permissions again? I don't know anything about external audio devices but the internal sound shouldn't be a huge issue but then again, you've provided no specs for your friends system.

I'm not seeing any output or input devices in my sound settings , It used to show the audio interface last update but I also tried reinstalling the latest drivers from the website

What drivers? what system specs? DSDT or none?

Hey all
Seeing a lot of issues here with 10.9.3 on the forums, it seems this update ruined audio and many other things for many people and other issues, including boot issues.
My friends hack now has no audio either. even while using external usb audio interface

is it not worth it to update?
I might have to format his drive and put back 10.9.2
I recently helped someone trying to use a audio USB device and had to copy from a real Mac the iousbfamily.kext and then repair permissions and rebuild kext cache for it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back