Matebook D
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,

Just to ask which one of the two laptop's line above is the best in compatibility terms.
I choosed this 2 series because in my country are the cheapest ones and are simple to find too (250 Gx more than 4x40s).
So "Generally Speaking", which series is the best one? We all know that we need only Intel CPU laptops (so, no AMD CPU models).
What about the rest (camera, card reader, HDMI port, sleep/wake problems etc...)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everybody,

Just to ask which one of the two laptop's line above is the best in compatibility terms.
I choosed this 2 series because in my country are the cheapest ones and are simple to find too (250 Gx more than 4x40s).
So "Generally Speaking", which series is the best one? We all know that we need only Intel CPU laptops (so, no AMD CPU models).
What about the rest (camera, card reader, HDMI port, sleep/wake problems etc...)?

Thanks in advance!

The 4x40s Ivy has better compatibility ATM.

Problems on the Gx series:
- card reader not supported
- HDMI is problematic

The 4x40s Ivy has better compatibility ATM.

Problems on the Gx series:
- card reader not supported
- HDMI is problematic

So it will be an 4540s that maybe is better in construction quality too.
Is true that HD 4000 is up to 50-60% better than HD 3000?
The i3 Ivy (3110M) will be at the same level (or better) than my actual i5 Sandy (2450M)?

Thanks!

So it will be an 4540s that maybe is better in construction quality too.

Never seen the other machines, so cannot comment on build quality.

Is true that HD 4000 is up to 50-60% better than HD 3000?

I've never run any HD3000 vs. HD4000 benchmarks. There are probably benchmark/reviews you can read on the internet. Certainly, Intel has made performance improvements to integrated graphics with each new generation of chips.

The i3 Ivy (3110M) will be at the same level (or better) than my actual i5 Sandy (2450M)?

To compare CPU performance, you should look here: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Never seen the other machines, so cannot comment on build quality.

I've never run any HD3000 vs. HD4000 benchmarks. There are probably benchmark/reviews you can read on the internet. Certainly, Intel has made performance improvements to integrated graphics with each new generation of chips.

To compare CPU performance, you should look here: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Thank you for the link. On the site, I compared both CPUs and graphics.
Only one more question: First you owned an 4530s (Intel HD 3000) and now you have a 4540s (Intel HD 4000). Have you noticed smoother performances/system passing from HD3000 to HD4000?

Thanks again!

Thank you for the link. On the site, I compared both CPUs and graphics.
Only one more question: First you owned an 4530s (Intel HD 3000) and now you have a 4540s (Intel HD 4000). Have you noticed smoother performances/system passing from HD3000 to HD4000?

Thanks again!

It is slightly better. But I'm just not that picky. Other than the glitches, I had no issue with HD3000 performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back