Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 6 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this could be the solution for the USB2.0 issue?

http://ebay.eu/1Ng0lJm

No, that won't do anything. You're just turning your USB 3.0 case ports into USB 2.0 ports. The opposite of what you want. There's no way to make a USB 2.0 port be USB 3.0 unless it's actually part of the XHCI settings in your BIOS, and your motherboard is designed to do that.

But the USB3.0 connectors just work fine.

I mean, it's €6 so you can try if you want. But the thing that's making it work most likely (definitely) isn't the connector. It's the actual USB 3.0 hardware on your motherboard that runs the connector. And adapting USB 2.0 to a USB 3.0 connector won't do anything to make it utilize USB 3.0. It'll still just be USB 2.0.

But the USB3.0 connectors just work fine. So maybe I will give it a try. Or hopefully this can be solved using another driver or tweak.

you are completely wasting money. but good to support the economy.

Is this with the USB2 front headers on the motherboard? maybe your front panel on your case is broken. i had that problem with my 600t case.

Extremely smooth update, no issues at all !

:headbang:

hey can you share your thoughts?

i have same board but i can not update the beta 6. machine just reboot after it try to install it.

10.11 Public Beta 1 | Z77X-UD5H | i7 3870K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3 1333mhz | 120GB SSD |
10.10.5 | Z77X-UD5H | i7 3870K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3 1333mhz | 250GB SSD - 120GB SSD test Drive |

Thanks for your hint. I found it's the issue that USB2.0 10-pin header on my motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP4 TH).

It's a very strange issue that USB (No.3) works well but others not (USB No1.2). ....

Hi All:

I've fixed the motherboard's USB2.0 10-pin header ports issue.

I followed the step "2a. Remove Ports Restriction" of this article:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

My hackintosh was configured as iMac 13,2 , and I just only removed key-value "port-count" and "ports" from AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist (Attachments for more information) .

Now each USB 2.0 port return to work. (Disable SIP / rebuild & repair permission after modified info.plist is required)

I don't understand how to use "2b. Add ports to Ports Restriction" step of the article. It's perfect if there exist a way without change kext file (ie: DSDT / Clover-config / etc...)

Thanks for everyone sharing information.

Attachments

• iMac13.2EHCI.png
    iMac13.2EHCI.png
    137 KB · Views: 188
hey can you share your thoughts?

i have same board but i can not update the beta 6. machine just reboot after it try to install it.

10.11 Public Beta 1 | Z77X-UD5H | i7 3870K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3 1333mhz | 120GB SSD |
10.10.5 | Z77X-UD5H | i7 3870K | Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3 1333mhz | 250GB SSD - 120GB SSD test Drive |

I've got almost the exact same config as you (except for video card) and mine updated to 6 fine. Originally, I couldn't install the PB until Jbamford mentioned he had to turn USB 3 off (xHCI) in the BIOS but that doesn't sound like your problem. Safe boot and then update maybe?

Hi All:

I've fixed the motherboard's USB2.0 10-pin header ports issue.

I followed the step "2a. Remove Ports Restriction" of this article:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

My hackintosh was configured as iMac 13,2 , and I just only removed key-value "port-count" and "ports" from AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist (Attachments for more information) .

Now each USB 2.0 port return to work. (Disable SIP / rebuild & repair permission after modified info.plist is required)

I don't understand how to use "2b. Add ports to Ports Restriction" step of the article. It's perfect if there exist a way without change kext file (ie: DSDT / Clover-config / etc...)

Thanks for everyone sharing information.

I could solve the issue on my GA-Z77X-UD5H 1.1 with renaming the USB 2.0 Ports in Clover config.plist. Now my Bluetooth works again which is connected to the USB2.0 10 PIN connector. No more Ports restrictions. Running my hack as an iMac 13,1

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]<key>Patches</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        <array>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Comment</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC1 to EH01</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUhDMQ==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUgwMQ==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                </dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Comment</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <string>Rename EHC2 to EH02</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Find</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUhDMg==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <key>Replace</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                        <data>RUgwMg==</data>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                                </dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                        </array>[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back