Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 5 is out, Is it safe to update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I've sorted it now RehabMan :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 00.05.53.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 00.05.53.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 138
Hey I've sorted it now RehabMan :thumbup:

Customary to explain the mistake, so others that might bump into your post might try the solution.

My Problem was when i installed FakeSMC Plugins it wouldn't load how ever i changed CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and it worked.

My Problem was when i installed FakeSMC Plugins it wouldn't load how ever i changed CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and it worked.

When rebuilding cache (eg. installing kexts), you always must disable SIP (CsrActiveConfig=0x67). After you install and rebuild cache, you can then enable SIP (CsrActiveConfig=0) if you wish.

Please note there is quite a few actions that can trigger a cache rebuild (new hardware, new software, system updates, etc), so you have to be careful with enabling SIP.

would it hurt leaving it disabled? I've got mine disabled haven't changed CsrActiveConfig 0x67 I've just left it as it is.

would it hurt leaving it disabled? I've got mine disabled haven't changed CsrActiveConfig 0x67 I've just left it as it is.

It doesn't cause a problem leaving it disabled. It gives you the same security you have with 10.10.

If you want the enhanced security offered by SIP in 10.11, then (carefully) enable/disable at the right times.

okay cheers for your advise so I'm guessing 0x0 enables SIP?

Cheers bro. i don't think you need to disable it when using Clover injection such as FakeSMC and Audio injection in EFI/Clover/kexts/10/11 do you? You only disable it if your install kexts into S/L/E if I'm correct.

Cheers bro. i don't think you need to disable it when using Clover injection such as FakeSMC and Audio injection in EFI/Clover/kexts/10/11 do you? You only disable it if your install kexts into S/L/E if I'm correct.

Correct. Of course, you should only use kext injection when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back